Ireland

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 17, 2017.

1. So you want to pick and choose your borders?

What about those that want an easy border with Spain, or India, or Pakistan, or Australia etc?

Either you want to reclaim the borders, or you dont

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What is the problem 'we've' created?
    There isn't any good reason why both the north and south, cannot go on as they have been for decades, is there?

Oh yes, the beurocrats from Brussels have a spin on the 'troubles' in another vain attempt to make us stay.
    Read all about it.
    What are the tabloids going to print tomorrow?

3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Err, yes, that's what sovereign governments do Jack, they make all sorts of big grown up decisions about all sorts of things like that.

I would imagine other cases could be debated in parliament Jack, if necessary.

4. Oh dear.

We want to leave the EU, and have passport controls.

To the best of my knowledge, Eire wants to stay in the EU.

Therefore there needs to be 1 of those border things, that you want to stop free movement of people.

Yes I know the Irish border has history, and therefore problems, but if you want to leave the EU, then you have a border issue to sort.

The EU didnt make the issue, we did. Fairly obviously.

5. Yes, these grown up issues are a result of brexit, nothing else, not the EU.

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The ROI already has passport controls as does the rest of the UK. We're not part of the schengen area.
    So, what is the problem?

7. At the border of Eire/NI really?

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Now I understand why it looks simple to you and not to me.

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

The problem lies in Brussels, Longs,, but DA and JoT are too up their own a***s to see that.

9. Go on then, explain that statement.

10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Jack, listen.

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/eu-countries/

What is the EEA?

The EEA joins together the 27 Member States of the European Union (EU) and the three EEA/EFTA States (Liechtenstein,Iceland, and Norway) in a Single Market with about 496 million [people], where the same basic rules apply to all participating States. The citizens of all 30 EEA Member States have the right to move freely within the entire EEA, to live, work, establish companies, invest, and acquire real estate (often referred to as the “four freedoms”). Article 4 of the EEA Agreement also prohibits any discrimination on grounds of nationality (principle of non-discrimination).

What about Switzerland?

It is neither part of the EU, nor the EEA, but it has a free movement agreement with the EU and EEA

Does free movement also apply to more remote parts of EU member states?

It includes the Azores, Madeira (Portugal), the Ǻland islands (Finland), the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla (Spain) and the French overseas departments. It also applies to Gibraltar.

It does not apply to the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, the Faeroe Islands (Denmark) or to overseas countries and territories.

That last paragraph Jack, it's quite interesting isn't it?, it blows everything you've said tonight out of the the water, like the Bismark.

11. Does it really?

You voted for strict borders

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

So. Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, full EU membership, free trade, but no freedom of movement., and the Isle of Man is closer
    than Ireland.

Did I?

You're getting out of your depth now Jack.

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

As we are not part of the Schengen Agreement, we have borders JoT. Passports are checked every time we leave or enter the UK. (I've got to assume you holiday in Skegness, Blackpool or Torquay as you don't seem to think we already have a border.. Go on apply for a passport and get yersen off to Benidorm,, I'm sure you'll love it) :D:D:D:D

14. I said 'I know' because I know.

I really thought that was clear, Longs, so your attempt at turning it around makes you look a bit dishonest. Or deluded. You know - Brexity.

15. Thant's BRILL! PHONE MAY NOW! Help the poor bird out!

16. Why aren't you in politics, JJ? You have answers that have escaped our cabinet members.

17. Huh, you.

18. The decisive words in Filly's post; "I want...I want..."

Damn, if only the EU wasn't so 'intransigent'.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  19. At longs last Longs has asked a completely relevant question with a simple one-word answer; "What is the problem we've created?"

Deleted member 164349 likes this.

20. Dont worry JJ, ive got a passport and use it often, 17 countries in Europe alone at the last count.

Fully aware of our borders and the checks, it wasnt me who wanted to reclaim these borders, they are still ours.

And benidorm, do me a favour, I think that would be like going to England abroad. Broaden your horizons, try places like Kolding, Hameln, Reims (old racetrack, look it up), Menton, Bernkastel-Kues, Gorge Du Verdon etc. You know, places where real people live and work, not just a tourist place with all the British pubs. It might help you undestand the world, its people, and some appreciation that people can live well.

Go into a local hostelry as the only Brit, and see how welcomed you are, genuinely. Then compare to the same in reverse over here?

Get out and talk to a few of those Europeans and other Foreigners, they are quite good people to talk to.