Pithed & spineless.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Is this neighbour a 'grant?

Astramax likes this.
  2. We have controlled borders, you loon - that is another pernicious suggestion. We do root out undesirables. 'Scroungers' get short shrift.

And - again - you latch on to that tiny 'grant minority to make your point.

As transparent as a transparent thing.

Astramax likes this.
  3. Yeah that's what keep you up at night... :rolleyes:

Astramax likes this.
  4. I have to say, I'm loving JJ and Harry's (where's Longs...) new-found attempt at 'reason' - now that they have been completely skewered on what they actually wanted with a 'hard' one.

Sorry, lads, it's too late. Too many of your posts litter this forum.

The u-s on here as a transparent as a you know what.

Astramax likes this.
  5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, I have no wish to be part of an EU Superstate, Ruled over from Brussels and Strasbourg. You on the other hand would relish the thought of Junckers asking you to jump. (I just bet the answer would be "How high Monsieur"? ) If you really want to remain in a European Superstate DA, do us all a favour and leave your safe enclave there in North Devon, broaden your horizons and seek a new life in France, or Germany (just don't pick any of the EU countries starting to question the need for the EU, else you might just find yourself on a foreign DIY Forum having a similar conversation.

6. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I'll bet DA will stay after brexit, the improved prosperity will be too much for him to resist.

7. "EU Superstate".

Give us another glibbism, JJ.

You clearly relish Trump et al instead?

Astramax likes this.
  8. Sadly, Harry, if Brexit happens, by the time the UK becomes prosperous again, I'll be gone.

As will you.

Astramax likes this.
  9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, the shame would undoubtedly kill you.

10. Harry Stottle

Well you may as well go now, pessimists don't help progress at all.

11. Lol, you two!

Is it cuz we is pessimists?

Who do you think you are kidding... sigh.

12. You're safe, 'cos you have no shame.

Or self awareness.

Astramax likes this.
  13. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Whereas optimistic grinning imbeciles gaily skipping towards an imagined fools' paradise have such a perfect track record?

Jeez. What happened? It used to be that facts mattered. Analysis mattered. Mathematics counted (I couldn't resist that one).
    Now it's like we're a nation of teenage drama students who think that if they wish really, really hard then nice things will happen.

Nah - I'll stick with scepticism and empiricism if it's all the same to you Harry.
    But, hey, it's panto season - why don't you try closing your eyes and repeating "I do believe in Brexit, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in Brexit".
    It has the advantage of being a more detailed plan than Mr Davis's.

This nation may have had enough of experts, but that doesn't make me ready to believe morons.

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yes DA that's the aim of the EU (or have you not realised this yet? )

15. Harry Stottle

Thanks for the advice but I don't need to close my eyes.

16. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Cataracts and senility? Senescence is awful.

Don't worry Harry, it doesn't matter whether your eyes are open or closed when your head is in the sand.

17. BTIW2?! Hold back, man! Easy, now :eek:

Astramax likes this.
  18. Damn, you just had to use the 'S' word...

It's a beaut, right enough. Sounds well scary, and, well, scary.

What does it 'mean', tho'?

Could it mean dealing closely with the group of countries with whom we share the best values in the wurld? Who keep our high standards secure? Who oblige us to become even better? And us them - because we have influence? With whom there is simply no chance of conflict? Who have helped us become the 5th - oops, 6th - wealthiest country in the wurld. Being with our friends? With whom the UK can punch above its weight and have a say in world politics?

Yes, that's what it means/meant. 'Cos that's how it was before we - sorry, half of us - voted 'oot'. For 'that' reason.

Compare then with now, JJ. Are you ready for what could happen? Who is the UK going to trade with now - the US?

Would you care to re-write my 4th paragraph in the context of an isolated UK making a deal with the US?

Don't cry - just do it.

19. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Too much? I was aiming at light-hearted banter but perhaps my hand shook. That'll be the DTs eh?

Yesterday was weird. On hearing that Mr Davis has no impact assessments I went through utter surprise and out the other side to completely unsurprised.
    It's been known for a while that Britain has a productivity problem. I didn't realize that they were talking about our MPs.

Oh well. You've gotta laugh.

20. Yes, that is just how bad it is - it's laughingly bad; there's definitely tears flowing down my cheeks.

It's gone from a 'Strong & stable' claim to a dismissive, 'shucks - it's all a storm in t'cup' laugh.

First it was Davis himself trying to shrug off his grotesquely remissive situation as unimportant with a sarcy laugh. Then it was some other Brexit twit - Bernard Jenkin - this morning on R4; again "it's ALL the EU's doing" and then the resort to 'that' laugh delivered with a dismissive "People should not - fnurrr - get over-excited by these negotiations..." (Worth a listen - it's as patently phony as the whole Brexit campaign. I can give everyone the very second if needed...*)

A half-hour later and my breakfast was completely ruined by Chris Grayling then coming on and going through the same spiel - accompanied by the requisite dismissive chortle.

ORDER ORDER! The laughs have it, the laughs have it.

( http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09gzjm3#play 1hr 15m and twenty seconds in, since no-one asked...)

Astramax likes this.