Ireland

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 17, 2017.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Where's the evidence that proves your silly little diversionary claim?

No, nothing, is that it.
    A figment of your imagination, is that it?
    I think we all must rightly assume so.

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's not like you to double post.
    In a bit of a flap with yourself are we?
    Hehe.

3. That is the reply that needs

:rolleyes:

Emoji.

Diversionary claim indeed pfft, the smell of burning rubber swerving across tracks is not from the remain side. The dirty great tracks are clearly displayed for all who have followed these subjects over any period of time, to see.

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You either don't understand what you're talking about, or, you're playing dumb.
    Which is it?

5. 'RONY!

(Damn - I've triple-posted...)

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'd double check if I were you.
    Ho-hum.

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The 'moon' is not really there.
    It's a hologram.

If you dont believe me I can assure you it's true.
    I will be more than happy to provide links/examples that prove so if you wish.

Can you provide anything, anything at all that validates your claim that 'brexiteers' demand a hard border between, Eire, and NI?

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'm touched, and honoured. I'm not one for big speeches, so I'd just like to thank everybody, with a special thanks to DA.
    I've awarded meself a badge.

[​IMG]

longboat likes this.
  9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I wonder if Theresa May was reading this thread on the flight over to Brussels?

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Someone's happy.

may-juncker-425x265.jpg

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  11. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

It aint DA or Jack.

12. You really think it's all sorted?

My gawd.

Have to 'fess I was surprised at how quickly this element was seemingly sorted - I thought it would go to the wire.

I can only conclude that Barnier and the Taoiseach were keen not to scupper May too much; they need to keep her in power and prevent the ultra-weird fringe from gaining strength. (All the "Well done's" from the likes of Gove and Johnson were delivered through gritted teeth...)

But, I do approve of the concessions - no chance of a hard border betwixt the Repub and N.I., and N.I. on exactly the same terms as the rest of the EU. And the almost certain continuation of the single market and customs union for the foreseeable future.

Yup, looking good.

Now all May has to do is negotiate trading terms for the future that are better than what we currently have - or else what's the point?

Ok, that's unfair. I'd settle for similar terms to current.

Don't be daft! Not a chance!

Lanc likes this.
  13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

No, unfortunately. I suspect the EU will shaft us at every opportunity, unless Theresa May is replaced by somebody who has the balls to simply walk away.

14. Filly...Filly...Filly....

Please. Please have a moment of elucidation. (quite possibly sic)

The UK simply cannot - it never ever will - just 'walk away'.

That money we owe is not an 'exit fee' or a 'punishment' or anything like that, it is simply the amount we are obliged to pay as would have been our contribution over our membership. We have to pay this.

If we don't, then a few things will happen. We will - obviously - be immediately reduced to WTO trading terms at best which will seriously, very seriously, damage our economy. From this position of extreme self-inflicted weakness, we will then be trying to punch above our weight in new world trade negotiations.

We will have reneged on our EU trade obligations by refusing to pay what we owe them, so tell me how this will be treated by other future trading partners? Please don't tell me that in your mind you think other countries are going to sit up and be impressed by our stance? "Wow! See that May! She's got kahoonas! I wanna trade with her!!!"

Our standing in the world will have the label 'cheap back-stabbing crook' added to our current list of 'feeble', 'weak', 'confused', 'cocky' and 'indignified'.

Please tell me you realise this, Filly.

Pleeeeeese. I'm actually fed up of 'dissing you lot - it made me feel unclean.

I just want you to understand. Understand the bleedin' obvious.

Lanc and Deleted member 164349 like this.
  15. It looks like a very soft brexit at the minute.

Sort of in the EU, but not .

I think you might need to rethink or relook ?

But in fairness, it could all change again yet.

Its not over til its over.

16. Thats pretty much the whole argument about brexit in a nutshell

Lanc likes this.
  17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

*chuckle*

18. Is amusement a part move towards appreciation?