Forum Support Deleting part replied posts

Discussion in 'Support' started by WillyEckerslike, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Is it possible to delete or cancel one's own part replied posts in their entirety by a single click?

On a number of occasions I have started to reply to a post only to find that I have been beaten to it or, for whatever reason, I choose not to continue (usually because I decide that my comment isn't actually that funny or is too inflammatory). Unless I'm missing something one has to delete all the text rather than select a cancel option. The problem becomes more noticeable if you do actually reply to a later post and your own earlier text is still there - easy to miss on a small screen - and I have seen a number of posts where that has happened.

If there isn't this option, can there be?

Many thanks.

Willy

2. The thing to do is to first 'post' your post - and then look and you'll find a 'delete' option appears under it. Click on 'delete'.

This only works - afaIk - during the 10 minute editing stage.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. WillyEckerslike

I had seen that thanks but was hoping for an easier solution.

4. We all have a cross to bear.

5. WillyEckerslike

No doubt your thick skin has prevented you from worrying about the ones that you didn't edit or delete in the ten minute window....There must be one or two surely....

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. :D One or two dozen... :oops:

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

10 minute limit is too short.

8. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

In the past there has been a problem in which some users abused the edit function on the Screwfix Community, causing threads difficult to follow for other users. Therefore I reduced the time to edit posts.

Given your comments I have again extended the time to edit a post after posting, to give you more time to correct those typos etc.

Peter

KIAB and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  9. WillyEckerslike

Thank you. Any luck with a cancel button?

10. As far as Willy's posts are concerned, everyone else should be handed the cancel buttons... :)

11. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @WillyEckerslike

I think you are talking about, when you start to write a post then change you mind before posting and the forum saving the post as a draft.

If so if you go to the floppy disc icon, or save icon if you are under 20! just click on the delete save draft and when you leave the tread any text you previously typed will have been removed.

Peter

12. WillyEckerslike

I think that is the solution I'm after. Many thanks Peter.

13. WillyEckerslike

That's actually quite funny.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

doesnt work

15. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Worked for me, it doesn't remove the typing until you leave the the thread and then come back to it.

16. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Or just delete your text and add only a dot. Only a dot will be saved in draft.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

17. is someone else going to say it, or will I have to

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Merry Xmas HA xx kisses not in a gay way xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.