Tax avoidance

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 8, 2017.

1. By your completely selective posts, yup.

I do not actually believe that you really think that's the case.

I don't believe you.

(Even if you couch it in a woolly 'it appears so...' :rolleyes: )

2. Seriously, JoT - no-one - not even themselves - believes what they are claiming.

3. Now, if only btiw2 would 'like' that stunning witticism...

(Longsie - you are going to have to try a lot harder. You are going to have to try.)

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

This cunning plan of yours clearly isn't working, now is it? Unless the intended effect was to make you look like a plonker, which I don't believe it was, but that's the outcome none the less.

5. And there we have it. IN WRITING AT LAST.

Tax avoiding remainers are much worse than tax avoiding brexiteers, even though a Lord, an MP and a prominent business man were highlighted.

Which leaves us all knowing that tax avoidance by brexiteers is ok, but is deplorable by a remainer.

And I thought tax avoidance was the subject, not brexit.

This may well haunt you IIR, and I hope it does. (You will be reminded regularly of your blindfolded bias), just as you failed to prove your claim against Virgin/Branson.

At least we have all been well informed by you.

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. :)

6. I'll give my last sausage if btiw2 youknowwhats your thingie.

And if you could explain what my 'cunning plan' is beyond what I have told you it is, that would be awesome.

7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

WTF are you on about.

We haven't made them Remainers they did that all by themseleves, now the fact that they are also tax avoiders on a large scale isn't just a coincidence is it.

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

You do talk some s*** don't you, now if you've got some names, then name them, stop trying to be clever by using initials, be a man and stand up for your convictions for once in your sad miserably life.

9. Seriously I think you are losing it and have been hurt.

You know who the initials apply to you, they are all over the 'net.

But when you get so personal, because of being exposed, IT IS TIME TO END THIS THREAD.

Now just grow up a bit ?

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

????? Personal, where.

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Says the chap who replies on it more than most. :p:p:p:p:p (admit it, ya just can't resist can ya)

12. IIR used the 'coincidence' word!

Oh my.

Your choice of tax dude ain't no coincidence, man. None at all.

No-one believes you, IIR - not even yourself.

13. IIR, you used to be a wee bit sensible. A teeny bit self-aware.

Please tell us you still feel a slight sweat break out on your forehead when you re-read some of the things you post? Like the one above.

Who on earth do you think you are kidding, IIR? :oops:

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You can dedicate your time and effort on whatever you choose to, DA.

Crack on, marra.

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's finally clicked.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Bear with me on this one, DA.
    I think a weekly chart (compiled by yourself) listing the most deplorable brexiteers would be marvellous. Top 10, top 5, maybe?
    You could style it in a fashion that mimics the music charts of old:

Straight in at #5 Filly.
    A non mover at number 2, still denied top place we have IIR.
    And still top of the charts we have the 'Longsie', two weeks running.

C,mon, man it would be brilliant.
    It'll give us something to strive towards if now't else.

btiw2 likes this.
  17. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Had to come to say or ask, who would most benefit from tax avoidance? A remainer surely.
    The freedom to move around Europe, laundering their money everywhere except Britain so avoiding tax?
    Evasion I call it. But staying in the EU would still allow it. And people like RB are the worst. Notorious.

18. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Europe, not so much for individuals, you need the Caribbean for that. But corporate tax avoidance is a systemic problem in Europe (or opportunity if you’re Ireland or Luxembourg). How do you get Luxembourg and Ireland to vote against something like that?

It’s possible that one advantage of Brexit would be it allows Britain to see through those facades, but I don’t think the conservative’s hearts are in it.

There are many Brexiteers who have been accused of tax avoidance. A quick web search is all that’s needed. There are few wealthy individuals who haven’t been shamed for it - even not-so-wealthy individuals like Nigel Farage.

It’s not surprising that more prominent wealthy remainers are criticised than Brexiteers, mainly because it’s surprisingly difficult to find more than a handful of prominent Brexiteers. The Brexit vote was won by the common man - not the prominent.

On the other hand, I suppose if one were to look at prominent people who have explicitly said that paying taxes is important then JK Rowling would be near the top of the list. I don’t know, but I suspect she was a remainer.

Richard Branson was arrested for tax (excise) evasion. A reminder. Evasion is the illegal one. That’s a much higher (lower?) bar. It was many years ago and because his mum and dad paid the fines/lost duty he was never prosecuted. But, even so, getting arrested for deliberately defrauding HMRC is pretty low - even if it was 30 years ago.

I honestly don’t know what this has to do with the economic strength for or against being a member of the EU though.

I think the main purpose of highlighting Mr Branson is to wind up DA and JoT. I suggest we bow out and leave IIR/Filly/Longs/Da/JoT to tease each other. They seem to enjoy it, and far be it from me to curtail the pleasures of consenting adults.

...and the arguments do result in some creative insults. Creative insults are always fun.

19. I don't understand your post.

I thought you were going to add some grist to your accusation of me trying summat cunning? But that's petered out too.

This is becoming a habit.

20. Welcome, stranger.

You are in great company with that post :D.