Hive & Underfloor heating

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by JezzaH, Jan 12, 2018.

1. JezzaH

JezzaH New Member

Hi, I have recently built a ground floor rear extension to my house and installed underfloor heating. The rest of the house is heated via combi boiler central heating with a Hive controller.

I am looking for info on how to wire up the 2-way valves and an additional Hive controller. Any help appreciated

Many thanks

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

Do you also have a pump on the manifold? Has a two port valve been install on the existing rad circuit as well? Has it been piped so they will work independently?

3. JezzaH

JezzaH New Member

Yes, yes and yes...

4. leesparkykent

What boiler do you have?

5. JezzaH

JezzaH New Member

Viessman vitodens 100

6. leesparkykent

what existing thermostat do you have for the other heating?

7. JezzaH

JezzaH New Member

Hive.

8. leesparkykent

Grey is perm live, blue neutral, green&yellow earth, brown switch live from controls and orange switch live to boiler. Link live to common and connect brown of the valve to terminal 3. The bodge way to wire the pump is by connection it to terminal 3 with brown of the valve. The proper way is to use a relay and use orange to switch the coil instead of the boiler directly. So the Valve is open before the pump kicks in.

9. JezzaH

JezzaH New Member

Many thanks. I'l give you some feedback once it' done. Again many thanks Jez