External Window Paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by TGull, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TGull

TGull Member

We were playing with the idea of new windows (double glazed) but this cost is too extreme.

We are now thinking instead of revamping our current windows and using some secondary glazing.

The paint on the outside needs some serious TLC and repaint. Which paint would you say would last the longest and withstand a house which gets quite a large amount of rain / wind (walls upstairs are pebble dash).

Colour needs to be white.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Bedec Barn Paint is the way to go.;)

KIAB likes this.
  3. TGull

TGull Member

Not heard of this one before. How comes you like it just out of interest?

Nice how it can be used on multiple surfaces.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Call up Bedec and express an interest, they will send you out a free sample of paint for you to try

My local independent supplier has ‘most’ of these samples available in his shop but, don’t know how common this is

I’ve used the black satin barn paint on a previousely creosoted timber gate. The finish is fantastically excellent :)

KIAB likes this.
  5. TGull

TGull Member

Ok interesting. Will put this down on my list of wares ;)

6. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

7. TGull

TGull Member

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

After initial preparation Barn Paint is a joy to apply it has good opacity is quick drying allowing for a second coat within the same day, available in Gloss ( White and Black) or Satin finish in a selection of other colours. Will not chip, crack or peel and lasts a good 5 - 7 years.

KIAB likes this.
  9. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Don't know. I chose it because others were using it, I'd heard good things and it's primarily formulated for spraying which I am doing.

10. TGull

TGull Member

Do you find spraying better? May I ask what you use to spray with?

I don't suppose you can get some form of extension for spraying e.g. there is a difficult area and you need an extension to pain that specific area?

11. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

12. TGull

TGull Member