wheelie bin lock

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by hi2u_uk, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

even if I voted remain :)

2. Nah - it didn't work for me :oops:

Sparkielev likes this.
  3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

To stop idiots like you from getting out?
    Please get yourself over to the talk forum where you will find lots of friends and leave the trade forums to the grown ups.

4. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Behave children!

(Things will get better)

Attached Files:

5. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

It is an offence to place your rubbish in another person's bin. You should make the council aware of the problem, it is their bin, fitting a lock may not be acceptable o the council.

6. hi2u_uk

hi2u_uk Member

i told the council and asked them to send another pin, they sent one after 2 months but i dont think they care about the offence

7. hi2u_uk

hi2u_uk Member

8. Lol - after all that!

Have to say, I'd imagined the holes were for passing a bolt through the lid, but clearly not.

I can see that if the bottom of the L bracket is free to swivel in towards the bin's body, then the top part will also swing away from the lid!

Does the L have a longer side? If so, place that along the lid, slip the shorter length in to the bracket, pull it down as far as possible and also press the lower part in towards the body until it touches; the top bracket's tip will then lift slightly from the lid, but the main part of it should still be pressing down on the front edge of the lid. Fasten the padlock - and curse yourself for not for a better design.

What a palaver.

9. hi2u_uk

hi2u_uk Member

I think if there were some bolts then that would help but no bolts are provided and to be honest there are no instructions at all .
    i put the long end over the lid but that makes no difference its very easy to list the whole thing off without unlocking the padlock

10. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Just man up and deal with it.

This thread has gone on long enough!

Astramax and Jord86 like this.
  11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Ok, Ok lets pass the hat around and buy the op a new bin, can't take any more I'm a broken man now! :(

CGN likes this.
  12. hi2u_uk

hi2u_uk Member

I dont need a new bin just a lock.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  13. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Have a word... Might not be as bad as you think!

14. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

15. Fred Freds

Fred Freds New Member

16. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

17. BinLoc.Com

BinLoc.Com New Member

We have a solution for you.

BinLoc.Com

18. Fred Freds

Fred Freds New Member

19. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

I would just hoy their **** back over into their garden the cheeky &*#£?$¶¥ ....

chippie244 likes this.