Howdens pan drawer and worktop

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Lori23, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Lori23

Lori23 Member

Thank you for your reply, the joiner was working for the builder who has the account with Howdens.
    I have contacting him several times but they are working away for 3 weeks. I had to get them back previously to redo the plinth and panels as they left them like in this photo.
    Thank you for your reply don't know what you mean
    Hi the cupboard itself is not curved just the end panel. I remember him saying the worktop was too long and did I want to keep the length and have space to put a bin underneath but I said no I wanted it the correct size. I did not see him do it.

2. Lori23

Lori23 Member

Sorry not a curved end panel a curved post.

Attached Files:

3. Lori23

Lori23 Member

Yes he said he removed all the edging because the worktop had been measured wrong and was too long.

4. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Howdens use a hob wall door for pan draws and there are not predrilled holes for the supports you need to screw on a threaded clip to attach side bars, either way job is disgusting thinking he may of cut radius to deep and had to trim rest of worktop down and re edge what a numpty

5. Jimmycloutnail

? Have to be too wide not long!! If was too wide you would remove material from back edge not the finished edge!! I'm afraid he is trying to con you

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Spot on, that's exactly what he's done. Thing is though with PVC edging that you want to replace, you have to clean every single little bit of chipboard left on that edging off before you can glue it back on. As well as that you have to glue it back on EXACTLY in the same plane as it came off. Never going to happen over the distance in the pics (more than 3m ?). Scrap worktop done by a ****....................get it replaced OP.

CGN likes this.
  7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Correct Jimmy reg 'drawer front', had one a few weeks back that also doubled as a cupboard door.

Jimmycloutnail likes this.
  8. Jimmycloutnail

Why would he cut the edging off
    just can't see him cutting the edging off and reusing it, he ****** up the radius and had to trim front edge of worktop and then used the 3m roll of new edging that Howdens supply to edge the whole length extremely badly with a bit of colourful fill good measure

9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Your having a laugh ? So Howden's are more than happy just to leave a customer with hinge sink holes in there pan draws and then cant be arsed to give the fitter a clue as to where the clip should be screwed ? Can't say i have fitted that many Howdens kitchens...............but i'm shure the one's i have fitted had proper pan draws and not hinge holes lol.

10. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

He'd be cutting the edging off because he didn't have the proper jig to just cut the radius in the first place. He obviously cut ALL the edging off...............just look at the pics................not rocket science is it ?

11. Jimmycloutnail

Nope!! They give you blankers for the hinge holes usually not colour matched they do have a pre marked indent on the inside where you screw turn side bar fixing to but that's about your lot!!!

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Well, you live and learn................glad i don't have to fit them all that often then.

13. Jimmycloutnail

I know he cut all the edging off, that's what I said but he ain't gonna cut the edging of and re use!!! How would he even get it off a 3m length without it snapping!! He's routed the radius too deep and then had to run the router down the full length and try to re edge the full length, should just gone bought another worktop for 90 quid

14. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

He needs his tools taking off him and his hands tied together so he can never fit
    another kitchen.

15. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

We've seen this kitchen before. This is the one where end panels had been fitted in between units and appliances with recessed plinth between each one. See HERE.

seen it all before likes this.
  16. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

You are completely wrong. He did cut off an re use the same edging................i've seen it done loads of times and the pics that the OP posted cry out exactly that. All the clasic syptoms. No way was the top re-edged with vigin edging. When you edge with PVC it has to done with an edge trimmer..............................there is no way on god's driven earth that worktop was ever edged with a trimmer..................end of story.

17. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

No, completely different kitchen.................look at the pics willy.

18. seen it all before

Same member so I'd assume it's the same kitchen.

19. Jimmycloutnail

By the looks of mateys work Is highly unlikely he's even heard of a laminate trimmer let alone owns one!!( And I am full aware of how to edge worktops) why would you use old edging when your supplied new 3m length with the worktop from Howdens

20. seen it all before