Response wired alarm problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by Stephen Meeus, Jan 29, 2018.

?

My Response wired alarm system keeps giving a “tamper” alert when the system is not armed. What coul

1. Informed user

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Expert

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

My “Response” alarm system keeps going into a “tamper” alert when the system is disarmed. The backup battery has been replaced and is fully charged. What could be the problem. The system is about 8 years old.

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

tamper circuit open????

3. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

Not as far as I’m aware.... how would I check that?

4. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

you would need to go round and check each connection on everything that is connected to the alarm the alarm might sound when you take the panel off dont forget the alarm sounder box that would be my first choice because of vibrations from the road.

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Does your alarm panel have a log that shows you what the error is?

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Any battery in the external bell box?

7. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

8. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

The main outside alarm is not going off: only a quiet alarm from the main panel. This problem only occurs very infrequently. It last happened 5 days ago and before then about 2 months previously. The main siren is in working order.

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

But it could be the alarm battery not charging properly and getting end of life.

10. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

It just says “tamper” on the keypad by the front door. I enter the code & reset and it returns to normal.

11. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

I have just installed a brand new backup battery (external) are you referring to an internal battery inside the main panel?

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  13. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

14. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

My alarm system is a PA6/PA8 6 zone system bought from Response Alarms via Screwfix.

15. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

SAB is actually a Self Activating Bell:rolleyes:
    Don't ya just hate pedantics? :p

My moneys on bell tamper, wind, contraction/expansion with temperature changes, plus springs etc weaken over time-all of which can cause such an intermittent tamper.

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Thank you

Just spotted that.:oops::oops:

Was trying to hold a 3 way convesation, answer phone, & type at the same,we all make errors.:D

Rulland likes this.
  17. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I feel your pain mate, lol :cool:

18. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

As I said, the main outside soren is NOT going off: It’s the other (quieter) alarm inside the main control panel that is being activated.

19. Stephen Meeus

Stephen Meeus New Member

I know that the main siren is working because I triggered the alarm intentionally. I also tested it by disconnecting all power-sources and it went off then too.

20. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

The external sounder may not activate IF the alarm is not set and the panel sees a tamper:rolleyes: trust me.
    What's the point of it setting every audible device off if it thinks you are at home watching tv:cool:

It's called 'internals only when unset on tamper activation' or similar terminology.