Mira sport - shower head adjust angle

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mozart, Feb 13, 2018.

1. mozart

mozart Member

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

One infers from the Screwfix page that the shower head is adjustable as it shows an arc of movement. Do you have to loosen the clamp to adjust the angle as well? Have seen that on other units.

retiredsparks likes this.
  3. mozart

mozart Member

Thanks for your reply. Loosening the clamp only seems to allow for up and down movement. I've tried pulling and pushing as well but to no avail. I've also looked through the instruction manual too but not mention of how to adjust the angle.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I’ve got no personal experience of this shower but as you know, shower rails ‘usually’ allow up and down as well as side to side adjustment of the shower head - why would this one not ?

Did you have to assemble the riser yourself including the clamp and fixing brackets top and bottom - often all the pieces come separate

Can’t see much on SF pictures but googled shower and looks like a chrome lever on side of clamp ?

Has urs got this and doesn’t this allow movement in both planes before nipping up ?

5. mozart

mozart Member

Thanks for your reply. I know! It seems really weird. The plumber installed it- it all came separately. So the chrome lever moves up or down against a spring which reduces the friction on the riser and allows for up and down movement. However, moving it in either direction doesn't release the rotational part of the assembly to allow for the angle to be adjusted. I've got the replacement one here that mira sent (not attached it to the rail yet) and it's exactly the same......unless I'm missing something really obvious......

6. soabar

soabar Member

I've got a Mira rail & head thats virtualy identical - the angle of the head is adjusted by tilting the head, no knobs or levers & just relies on a friction fit between the two halves of the head clamp bracket.

There should be a screw inside the clamp bracket where the hose end / head is supported (you may have to use the up/down adjusting lever & rotate the clamp braket slightly to see it), loosening this slightly will allow the head angle to be adjusted.

mozart likes this.
  7. mozart

mozart Member

Thanks so much! I didn't think to try and move it without moving the lever. A bit of brute force and it moves in a series of clicks.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  8. soabar

soabar Member

There are for want of a better word serrations between the two halves of the clamp bracket & the clicks are two parts jumping back into position - loosen the screw a bit, the clicking should more or less stop & the adjustment will ease.

9. mozart

mozart Member

Thanks. WIll try that.

10. Gary Mew

Gary Mew New Member

My Mira Sport shower head won't stay up on the riser rail, any ideas ppl?

11. dray

dray Screwfix Select

Read through the posts above as there is plenty of information about adjustment of the rail , Just needs tightening up

12. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

@mozart
    If it is anything like my Event then the 'spring' is a piece of plastic with ridges on it that the adjusting part fits into and 'clicks' for each adjustment. So it will click if you adjust it.

I have taken mine apart as it was not holding itself in place (it is an old unit now) and I had to strengthen the plastic 'spring' bit.
    My clamp comes straight forward from the riser rail though rather than to the side.