What really grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by leesparkykent, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Missed the point again I see.

Think it through a little.

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Errrr.
    You're a very pointy person?

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Corded power tool cases that are a nightmare to get the lid to shut because the power cable never fits back into the case. :mad:

4. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Oh yes, that's a fine art for sure!:eek:

5. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

People who don't indicate at junctions
    Taking everything you need into a job then making another 50 trips to the van for stuff you forgot

6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

People who start things and don't have the nuts to finish them.

7. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Political correctness

8. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Insurance companies legalised theft!!! just had quote £200 more than last year with no changes to my circumstances, barstewards

9. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I have had to remonstrate before on here about people not liking the use of the phrase "my Bad".
    As it was used by The Bard himself in sonnet 112...( beautiful British writer) it cannot be criticised.
    Don't make me have to remind you again !;)
    Rs

10. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I can’t think why political correctness is supposed to grind my gears. It seems like a good thing for someone (else) to work out inoffensive words to describe people.

I don’t get out much so it’s helpful when someone whispers to me “you’re not supposed to call them ******** ****** any more, it’s ‘empathy challenged’ now”.

E.g. I shouldn’t say Harry is an ignorant, bigoted, narrow-minded clown. Now, he’s “progress disabled”. He can’t help it. Lacking reasoning, curiosity and reflective thought is part of his geriatric culture.

It seems to me political correctness is not being an arris to people unnecessarily. I thought politeness was part of being British.

Or am I not allowed to be politely British anymore? It’s political incorrectness gone mad!

11. Ed Ugarte

Ed Ugarte New Member

People that ask for something with the phrase “ can I get”. What is wrong with “ I would like”.......FOOLS

12. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Clever.

Let me try. What sort of coffee is despised by 1.8 billion people?

French press.

longboat likes this.
  13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I thought it was against the rules, but apparently it becomes more palatable if spiked with a shot of rum.
    Or something like that.

14. I've tried that, but I still find you unpalatable.

15. facilities

facilities Guest

The horsey folk, now the weather is bucking up they descend on my local country park in their big vehicles taking up all the parking places, then they trot off always two of em side by side dumping all their horse poo as they chat to one another getting in the way of us dog lovers, I have to clean up after my Molly (thats not the wife by the way) or face a £1000.00 fine but the horse can dump as much as it likes, why aren't the riders made to shovel it up or at least put nappies on the thing,

And what happens then, well Iv'e just spent £40.00 on Molly at the hairdressers (groomers) and in the absence of fox poo she takes delight in rolling in it eating it or both, then have to take her home stinking the car out, the dragon won't let us in the house cos of the smell so we fall out, then have to put Molly in the builders bath (that I have had to buy cos of this) outside and have a fight with her cos she doesn't like the shampoo:mad:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. Which would you rather step in or eat, horsie or doggie poo?

Hence why we must 'pick up'.

Mind you, looking forward to the first legal challenge based on "My doggie's a vegetarian too, don't you know, and his poo is simply divine...".

17. facilities

facilities Guest

18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I am not terribly keen on dogs. I can tolerate them at a push. But for that to be the case it has to be a good owner and a good dog But the followings things do my head in.

"He wont hurt them" as their mangy hound bowls towards my kids. History suggests that isnt guaranteed. No dog is 100% safe. And any owner who claims they are is kidding themselves

Dog owners not following "on lead" instructions. There are plenty of places they can walk Satan off the lead, why choose to do it where they shouldn't.

Owners letting their dogs wee all over whatever they want. Forget horses with nappies, dog owners should be forced to carry portable urinals.

And the old classic, dog owners refusing to pick up their dog mess. Plenty still see it as acceptable. There was a notorious offender on my road and one of my neighbours used to pick it up and leave it on their doormat. Plenty pretend to pick it up but dont really. It is disgusting.

19. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

And then being asked if you wouldn't mind leaving feedback about your recent experience.

facilities likes this.