B&Q FITTER PRICES

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Topmarks, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Topmarks

Topmarks New Member

Hi all, just wondering if there are any B&Q fitters on here who could tell me what percentage do the fitter recieve from the installation price given to the customer.

ramseyman likes this.
  2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I'm a kitchen fitter, but must admit i have never fitted for B&Q. That said, i do know a lot of fitters that have.
    One thing you have to keep in mind is that B&Q use a company to outsource there fitting so that B&Q themselves will never be involved in any legal issues. As indeed do all the other sheds.
    The answer to your question is about half. That in itself will explain why "shed fitting issues" rear there ugly heads on an ongoing basis on forums all over the net.

3. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Used to fit for them and you get about 40% as they take a big chunk for waste removal out of the install cost, the after sales service is non exsistant and fits go on for weeks as the home fit service is clueless the final straw was when I had to pay a sparky £1200 for electrical work and wait 10 weeks for payment as they couldn't get a length of earthstone worktop for 8 weeks and the customer wouldn't sign off before it was fitted, don't touch them

KIAB likes this.
  4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Heard very similar horror stories, although didn't think it was even as low as 40% :(
    If the OP's question is as a fitter rather than a customer (didn't think it was a fitter in my answer)............................then avoid like the plague. Much the same with all of the sheds to be honest.

KIAB and Jimmycloutnail like this.
  5. facilities

facilities Guest

Hi kitfit, just wondering if as a customer your contract was with the shed and they outsourced surely if any problems legally or otherwise arise it would be upto the shed to resolve

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

As i said earlier, i have never actually fitted for a shed myself. I do know a lot of guys that have though.
    In nearly all cases i've seen the shed has contracted out the fitting so that legally they always in the clear. None of the sheds are interested in actually providing a proper design and installation service. All they are interested in is getting as many boxes out the door as possible.

KIAB likes this.
  7. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

That's right...
    Assuming the customer pays the shed for installation and fitting, (i.e. they don't pay any of the trades directly), the contract is with the shed. The shed can't avoid any legal issues just by outsourcing some/any of the work.

Regards,
    Cando

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Mate of mine used to fit kitchens and bedrooms for MFI ( before they went bust) He used to get about 35% of the price they charged the customer for fitting. Lost about £5 grand due in payments when they went under.

9. Jerry1

Jerry1 Member

How do you get took on at b&q ? I’m just starting out on my own and figure more avenues the better

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Tell em you'll fit a kitchen for £200. They'll set ya on in an instant. :p:p:p:p

11. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

12. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

Agreed.

It is surprising that any SE tradesman would not nderstand that

13. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Clearly B&Q were not charging enough. Or too much. Or paying their fitting teams too much. Or not enough.

I wonder if in their management meetings, you are fired if you say 'Wren'.

14. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Fitting kitchens is a personal thing that needs contact and understanding. In the long run, it's not something that works on a corporate level unless it's left to be run at a local level. You can look back at all the big companies that have failed at this, the list is endless.
    At the end of the day, sheds just want to sell boxes...............that's all they have ever wanted to do. Dealing with customers on an ongoing and personal level never has been or will be something they can deal with, or in fact are really interested in.
    What has happened with B&Q though will certainly mean that there will be a lot of kitchen fitters looking for work...................................again.