Which beam and block to use

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by baracus, Sep 22, 2017.

1. baracus

baracus Member

I need about 40sqm of beam and block flooring - which product should I go for.

As a price guide , for supply only the range is from £900 to £1500. What's the difference in the products, they all seem to be made in the same way?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Beams are availble in different depths depending on use,etc, also need to take into account spans & loadings.
    Haven't you had anything specified.

3. baracus

baracus Member

Hi - yes I have the size specified. The brand is also listed ( or equivalent) hence was curious as to how the different brands vary. Essentially its shaped concrete - right?

4. Constantin Marin

Constantin Marin New Member

Are you still looking for a floor? Where abouts are you based? Have you considered insulated floors?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

He wanted a spam based product?

6. Constantin Marin

Constantin Marin New Member

I'm not a spam based product. I'm a precast floor estimator for a company up north. I know all our competitors and I could direct him to a cheaper one in his area. Some builders merchants stock the beams and if he is near one it will save him a lot of money. As for the insulated floors I'm a big fan as they are less labour intensive to install if the access is poor (rear extensions)