Bad Back

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Mar 3, 2018.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Ok, who suffers with a bad back?

Been suffering since 18. Now 54 and has gotten worse.

Got MRI soon.

Saw 2 Osteopaths this week. No joy.

Taking meds daily. Back getting worse and worse. Any others have a bad back? I do work but worried that it will stop me from working. It can get quite bad.

2. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Knees, back, shoulders, even my hair hurts.

My sympathies.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had my back problems 36 years, & it's been giving jip for the last two weeks, with this cold weather not helping,no good taking to your bed,you have to fight it & move around.
    Many years ago had a plaster cast for two/three months, which gave back support & allow lumbar to sort it self out, but now I'm 54,I find you got to sensible with what you lift,how you move, you get the warning signs,but occasionally you ignore them,then suffer afterwards.

Had more luck with a chiropractor when younger.

koolpc likes this.
  4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

What about Acupuncture? Regular Sports Massages? I would think reliance on meds can only contribute to a downward spiral.

5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Take a look at Johnbchiro........get used to his style...lots of fact based info. Briliant.
    If a chiro says you need 5 to 10 sessions.( for a basic problem)...ditch him.
    Most solutions occur in 2 sessions...the other 8 are 5 minute money makers.
    RS

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

+1 for a chiropractor.

KIAB likes this.
  7. retiredsparks

Bodge, Chiro saved my life 35 years ago...so I do have faith in the discipline and the good ones.
    RS

KIAB likes this.
  8. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

My chiro was good too, looking at the whole body, posture very important but the main thing is that he was treating the cause not the symptoms unlike most physios.

Kools - if it's skeletal then chiro is the way to go.

KIAB likes this.
  9. retiredsparks

Bodge......far more sophisticated than just the skeleton.
    Johnbchiro....when you get some time.
    RS

10. MalcyB

MalcyB Active Member

Chiro's are worth it. I kept getting sprinting injuries and spent a lot of time in Physio.
    Decided to try a Chiro found that my left leg was 20mm shorter than my right, after four sessions, leg length same, no more bad back and no more injuries. Happy days.

retiredsparks likes this.
  11. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

So you were constantly out of plumb? :)

KIAB, MalcyB and retiredsparks like this.
  12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You should have realised that way before the Chiro when your mates nick name for you was 'Penguin', (sorry couldn't resist). :D

KIAB and MalcyB like this.
  13. I hope the MRI scan will determine the issue, Kools, and then you'll hopefully know where to go for the cure.

Hellish thing, utterly debilitating.

Good luck.

Pray lots. (Apparently gawd is pretty good at sorting relatively little individual issue like this, whereas he's pants at preventing things like famine and genocide) :oops:

14. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Proper memory foam mattresses (not toppers) are apparently lifesavers when it comes to bad backs. Bear in mind I'm not talking ankylosing spondylitis here, just aches, pains and twinges.

15. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Seen 2 Osteopaths last week. Back worse! Lol

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You mentioned this at the beginning.

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Still not looked up ad hominem yet I see.

KIAB likes this.
  19. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

See a chiropractor!

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You should know by now that Drools doesn't listen to advice, he likes to have a problem to moan about.