Bad Back

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Mar 3, 2018.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I'm on 50mg four times a day, does dull the pain, but I'm stupid, I don't like taking them continually, so I tend take them for a few day or so until the pain/back settles down, then either stop or reduce the number of tablets a day.

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I am same myself.

3. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

My specilaist said that one of the absolute best things to do is use cold/ice pack in the pain area ...for 15- 20 mins...then warm one ..15 mins...Do 2 or 3 times....
    Reduces swelling...dulls pain....and allows fresh blood into that area to heal....during heating mode.
    I was on Tramadol as well....spaced out.
    RS

Richard Scowen and Dr Bodgit like this.
  4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I stand a lot in my job. Back hurts all the time. Taking painkillers every day. Think tramadol is next for me as codeine not working much. Dont want to try gabapentin

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've never had a sit down job in my life and never had a back problem, maybe its a posture thing, do you slouch? You come over like a sloucher.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Have you thought of wearing a lumber support belt?

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Yes but i heard they can weaken the back

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Found it caused more problems than it solved for me,made the pain flare up.

9. That's not really him in the avatar, Chips!

10. facilities

facilities Guest

The guys suffering and all you and chips can do is take cheap shots, shame on both of you! No need to ask which camp you two are in

11. As if you give a damn.

12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Chips, who i have on ignore, is just a child.

Thank you for your concern mate.

Doc has put me on Tramadol today. Will take sparingly.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  13. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Hope the pills help to numb the pain and you feel a bit more positive, I remember well the time I had with a prolapsed disc and I was utterly depressed, also on the leading edge of the separation/divorce and was made redundant. A triple whammy and in a dark place, perhaps similar to you.

I would urge you to get help for the back from a Chiro, unless the cause is known, well understood and appropriately treated, it is unlikely to get better.

14. facilities

facilities Guest

No problem Kools, there is some good advice on here from the usual suspects, ignore the rest

koolpc likes this.
  15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Which is why I said "Come over" rather than look. :D:D

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Have you ever offered him advice?

17. facilities

facilities Guest

Yep post 54 “ignore the clowns”

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Other than that, ever?

19. facilities

facilities Guest

Yep post 54, take the good advise from the usual suspects

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Best thing I did for backache was to switch from work trousers with a belt (not tool belt just normal belt) to wearing Dickies Bib and Brace instead, made a huge huge difference.

Wearing a belt at work often gives you a pinch point and you stand, lift, sit and turn to minimise the effect of that pinch point. Thus you end up with a biased posture which is terrible for back strain and ache.

I wear a light cotton t-shirt with bib and brace over it and then a company polo over the top. Bib and brace does make you look like a teletubby so the polo covers it!

Better posture both when working and driving makes an enormous difference.