Bad Back

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Mar 3, 2018.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Naproxen are very good for me. I take two if the knees or elbows really play up. Like Kiab, I used to take them daily and then stop when the pain went, bad move. Now I take one a day, of a morning, wether I need it or not. Coffee, Naproxen, E cigarette, not necessarily in that order.
    Maybe we should start a 'junkies' thread.

Jord86 likes this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So no then.

3. facilities

facilities Guest

Other than post 54 no need to, good advice already given as stated

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So in all of drools 3,841 mainly whiny posts you've never found the need to help him out till now?
    Forgive me if I think you have an ulterior motive.

5. facilities

facilities Guest

Whose this “drools”

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I can't even take Co codamol as it sends me high as a kite.
    I injured my back worst during a spell as a desk jockey (not on the tools) just bending and reaching to retrieve something from under a desk. I was off for three weeks and started to get an understanding of how people who are laid up for any length of time can get depressed. This was several years ago.
    I get the occasional recurrence which I have to manage with a combination of paracetamol, ibuprofen and constant movement (painful though it is). At that point I also remember to do my back strengthening exercises - for a few weeks at least....

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, got MRI next monday. Got other health isuues too which are not nice. Seems like everything is on me at once now. Very difficult indeed.

Thanks though to the kind people on here.

facilities, Dr Bodgit and KIAB like this.
  8. facilities

facilities Guest

Kools good luck next week mate it’s a piece of cake. I was diagnosed with bowel cancer 4 years ago and now in my last year of the 5 year follow up, touch wood everything has been ok,

So I have an MRI every year as well as plenty of other stuff, I’m sure you know what happens they slide you in this long tube and it makes an hell of a banging noise for me it lasts about 40 minutes, at our hospital they give you headphones & pipe some music through, I think they will give you a ball to squeeze if you get a bit concerned (be careful you squeeze the right ball:eek:)

Hopefully you will have someone with you on your visit I think that’s more important when you go for your results

So chin up & try and find the humour in any situation, the first time they slid me in this thing I asked the nurse was this to get me used to any future coffin! Black humour I know but it works for me,

I know you’ve been depressed mate but as I said find the humour in everyday encounters interact with people, you’d be surprised it can make their day and help you as well

What seems popular at the moment is acts of random kindness, you know the sort of thing come on here and ask Chips how his days been, ok then perhaps that’s going a bit far, but I’m sure your the type of guy that does this anyway without thinking

Anyway got to go now as I need to deal with Chips.

Jord86 likes this.
  9. facilities

facilities Guest

Hey Chips I didn’t consider your post worth answering in any detail, as I don’t any of yours, particularly that at the time I was reading it in bed with my IPad, the stark choice was trawling over past posts or enjoying spoons with my little dragon lying next to me, so no contest there then

So in answer to your question. “So in all of drools 3,841 mainly whiny posts you've never found the need to help him out till now?” I was going to reply “see post 1209” and have a little chuckle to myself imagining you searching the threads/posts

However I’ve decide to do the hard work for you, so I picked on the quite lengthy Divorce thread, I’m sure you remember it Chips it’s the one where throughout you helped Kools with your pearls of wisdom witch invariably meant name calling,

Post 455, Kools was witless,

post 494, Kools was self pitying, idiotic or sarcastic.

post 572 and 595, accused Kools of having no backbone

Post 459 you called him a sad human being (I would think in this instance you are more qualified than most to recognise the symptoms.)

These helpful posts were inter spaced with comments of grow a pair.

From the Screwfix mission statement.

“The Screwfix Community Forum strives to be a friendly and supportive place“

I attempted to give Kools encouragement in posts 157, 159, 176, I’m not repeating them here, take a look

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  10. I'm going to write an even loooonger helpful post for Kools and then rub Facs' nose in it.

but soz to hear about your troubles, Facs - that must have been scary at the time. I wish you continued health.

11. facilities

facilities Guest

:p

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I think chippie is a pretty good judge of character. ;)

chippie244 and Jord86 like this.
  13. Good luck with your MRI scan next week,as facilities has said there is nothing to and just a bit of banging when the magnets make and break.
    I do not know if you have the option but some Hospitals allow you to bring a cd and they will play it during the scan for you.

14. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Most difficult thing about having an MRI is keeping still.

15. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thank you my friend. Fingers crossed for next week. Glad you are recovering well..

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

They offered me a selection from there stock music and forgot to play it whilst I was in the MRI, sounded like a cross between a skip being loaded and a corporation dust cart in operation.

17. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, i think chips is a keyboard warrior. Lots like him about. Wish him well anyway.

facilities likes this.
  18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Didn't find that a problem.

19. I know what you mean,the last one I had they could not play music for some reason.

20. Broon

Broon Active Member

Good luck with the MRI hopefully gives you the answers your looking for. If you don't get them then I would try the chiro or you could maybe even try yoga.

koolpc likes this.