Political correctness

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by facilities, Feb 5, 2018.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Or we could sell nukes to Ukraine.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

And you're a swerver.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Theresa May the then Home Secretary refused to hold an enquiry as to who could have complicit in that attack because she didn't want to upset the Russians, it took a court case to get that sorted. Why do think they can act with impunity?

4. I didn't know that.

To be fair to the 'West', the EU did agree with the sanctions imposed at that time. Having said that, there are different degrees of willingness amongst our partners as they all 'need' Russia to differing extents.

And, really, these current sanctions are never going to make Russia bend; their effects are hurting, but not critical.

It's really hard to know what to do. Further sanctions will hurt Russia more, but also those who are imposing them. Any political action - deporting the ambassador etc - will undoubtedly have Russia retaliating in kind. Freezing financial assets will, again, only hurt a wee bit.

Funnily enough, refusing to attend the world cup will likely be the most effective sanction since they hate the ignominy. So if we can persuade as many other countries as possible to boycott that, then I bet Putin will be incensed.

Wouldn't it be fab if FIFA could withdraw the setting altogether? And we could hold an alternative elsewhere.

Ach, dinnae mix politics with sport.

Ma botty.

Other than that, perhaps we'll have to hope that Trump becomes as hawkish and belligerent towards Russia as it has N Korea. What are the chances...

5. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

It was answered on page 1.
    But for those who need it, here’s a flowchart.

[​IMG]

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Facilities 'conveniently' forgot that it had been answered by........... a woman! :DFrom the 'snowflake generation', no less :D I still think this thread should be paralleled/partnered with the 'equality' thread, or we should kick off a new "Am I sarcastic and patronising?" thread.......

Deleted member 33931 and btiw2 like this.
  7. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Nah mate. Sarcastic and patronising was done on page 1 too.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I hugged three of my female co-workers today, one old, two young. We trust and like each other and the hug was a gesture of friendship. No problem.

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Good for you, chipps?

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

How's your restraining order going, still wearing the ankle bracelet? :):)

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Not long now, a few weeks.:)
    I've been perfecting the old camp routine of late as a means to get my kicks.
    It works a bloomin treat!

12. facilities

facilities Guest

Anna yeah I remember now, she agreed with me, a lady loves a compliment unless it’s from a pervert or summat like that, how can she tell? But that’s women for you, it’s like my new girlfriend she reckons I’m a stalker, well she’s not exactly my girlfriend yet.

So b2 now we need a flow chart before we can call a co worker attractive don’t know what the world is coming to, I’ll print it off anyway you never know,

Was telling the brother in law about this chart thing he works in an office full of females, he also lives in Wigan and he was just wondering if you could knock him up a pie chart, not sure if it would work the same though?

Hey waddya reckon about Chips having a bit of slap & tickle at work, no wonder it’s so bloody dear getting into these shows when the scene shifters are bang at it when they should be working

Jord86 and btiw2 like this.
  13. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Wigan. "Pie" chart. Very good.

Happy to oblige.

pi chart.png

14. facilities

facilities Guest

Wonderful just what I need,

Digressing slightly, a question for you, do you know where you would weigh a pie?

Have a guess and I will tell you later, just checked it’s on google so I’ll tell yer now.

In the old Judy Garland film Wizard of Oz she sings “somewhere over the rainbow way up high” get it, weigh a pie. So the answer is “somewhere over the rainbow” :) oh never mind :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
    btiw2 and retiredsparks like this.
  15. "Speaking as a female from the snowflake generation..

I think it all depends on tone and context. If a male colleague who is usually respectful complimented me on my outfit in a normal setting I would say thank you and feel glad he mentioned it! After all, if a male colleague had a nice new coat or something I wouldn't think twice about saying that they looked nice, kind words make the workplace more friendly IMO.

If a colleague who is generally a bit of a perve complimented my outfit in a situation where we were alone I'd just brush it off and get on with my day, but yes it would make me feel uncomfortable."

Hey, worth the risk. Eh, Facs?

16. Broon

Broon Active Member

I never said Russia wouldn't react of course they will.

If our in tell is correct and it was them then in the words of Rambo 'They drew first blood not us' :D (I know he says me bit it doesn't work with it in this case sooo)

17. Broon

Broon Active Member

Thank god for that flow chart its nearly as helpful as that manual that came out to help you interact with people of colour in the workplace.

I now know where I stand if I want to touch a co-workers hair thanks to that manual.

I suggest you all get one.

18. Nothing dirty in that.

I was referring to a semi-erection.

Of his latest props.

facilities likes this.
  19. facilities

facilities Guest

I fully understand that It was for the benifit of the rest of the forum so as you would come back and explain

20. facilities

facilities Guest

Already printed mine off, it will always be with me