Political correctness

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by facilities, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Broon

Broon Active Member

Managed to give the old carers the slip...for now anyway.

I get what you mean so far all I've seen is most things aimed at people and not the problem. There should be a thread made called 'how can we make brexit work?' and both sides come together and use there heads for one key goal making the UK better.

facilities and Dr Bodgit like this.
  2. facilities

facilities Guest

Hey sonny you’ll soon make enemies on here coming out with sensible stuff like that :(

retiredsparks likes this.
  3. Broon

Broon Active Member

How bad can enemies on a forum be?

Might just go and start it and see how it goes. They always say 'lead by example' you never know people may surprise you.

facilities likes this.
  4. Clearly you aren't.
    I think so - the original in the movie. 80 years young.

5. I agree half-heartedly with Broon.

Soz, I mean with half of Broon.

B******! I mean with half of what he says... :(

6. Broon

Broon Active Member

is it the bit where I say my carers are coming? :D

7. I really don't believe it's as simple as that, Bodge.

Yes, the first bones of contention/arguments are about the actual issues. When it becomes clear - and I really, honestly do believe it's very very clear with some folk on here - that the content of the issues is not what's important to them but what's driving them inside their heads to the point of them avoiding honest debate and best evidence/information, then - sorry - I will attack the cause, the person and not the issue.

The arguments about the 'issue' are largely dead and buried; no-one who still uses their critical faculties can really give a persuasive argument as to why Brexit is a 'good thing' and will serve this country well. That's just nuts. FAR too much evidence is coming out to the contrary - and the Irish border is only one teeny aspect of this. As is our potential isolation in the world; give a second's honest thought to the current 'Russian' issue if it had taken place after we'd left the EU on poor terms. Because the UK ain't going to get 'good' ones, are they? And the existing damage to our economy (where were we in the G20? Where are we now? And largely why?)

It isn't going to change, Bodge. Longsie, Facs and IIR have shown their mettle on these past few pages - they have nothing honest or honourable left to give when it comes to Brexit (or PC or equality for that matter.)

So I will - with a weird sense of regret and pleasure - continue to poke them (not in the Gaelic sense).

8. Two word answer. We can't.

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

The question I would put to those on the leave trajectory is: what would it take for you to change your mind? If the answer to that is "nothing", then there's clearly no point on having any kind of discussion or debate. For some its about "taking back control" (similar to the Scottish Nationalist argument) irrespective whether control is actually gained or is beneficial to the country. For some, they want "control" at whatever cost.

10. facilities

facilities Guest

690B86CC-AE29-4C35-9698-DDA8ED6C6D84.jpeg

Ah yes classic Bond, boy did that guy know how to treat the ladies.

Now pay attention Bond (reminds me of Jack)

Thank you mish funnyfanny

11. facilities

facilities Guest

I commend your initiative on this Broom sorry Broon, and I for one would approach it with an open mind, so sure give it a go, unfortunately there are people on here who do not have an open mind and cannot see any viewpoint but their own (check out post 967) which would make any intelligent debate very difficult, but let’s be optimistic, I know from experience people do have the power to change.

12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

[​IMG]

facilities likes this.
  13. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Sounds like we need a clean sweep :p

facilities likes this.
  14. facilities

facilities Guest

He’s Da man, licensed to kill!

Bit like the Remoaners licensed to talk B######S

15. facilities

facilities Guest

He’s my hero,

Sorry bit of hijacking going on

Love the Guy, can’t imagine him engaging in hugging the ladies he would just get to the main coarse.

***** Galore: My name is ***** Galore. James Bond: I must be dreaming

Tiger Tanaka: [Bond being bathed by Tanaka's women] You know what it is about you that fascinates them, don't you? It's the hair on your chest. Japanese men all have beautiful bare skin. James Bond: Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree.

James Bond: Weren't you a blonde when I came in? Tiffany Case: Could be. James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette. Tiffany Case: Which do you prefer? James Bond: Well, as long as the collar and cuffs match...

James Bond: Well my dear, I take it you spend quite a lot of time in the saddle. Jenny Flex: Yes, I love an early morning ride. James Bond: Well, I'm an early riser myself.

James Bond: [Whilst being in bed with his Scandinavian language tutor] I always enjoyed learning a new tongue. Miss Moneypenny: You always were a cunning linguist, James.

I wonder what Bond would make of all this PC stuff :rolleyes:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. If they could articulate what 'control' actually means in practical terms, that would be a start... :rolleyes:

17. Thank you for reading my post, Facs.

I stand by every word in it :p

18. Broon

Broon Active Member

Well its went well so far it's like Ive just moved the siht form one thread to another maybe I should change my name to Broom :(

19. ***** Galore: My name is ***** Galore. James Bond: I must be dreaming

Tiger Tanaka: [Bond being bathed by Tanaka's women] You know what it is about you that fascinates them, don't you? It's the hair on your chest. Japanese men all have beautiful bare skin. James Bond: Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree.

James Bond: Weren't you a blonde when I came in? Tiffany Case: Could be. James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette. Tiffany Case: Which do you prefer? James Bond: Well, as long as the collar and cuffs match...

James Bond: Well my dear, I take it you spend quite a lot of time in the saddle. Jenny Flex: Yes, I love an early morning ride. James Bond: Well, I'm an early riser myself.

James Bond: [Whilst being in bed with his Scandinavian language tutor] I always enjoyed learning a new tongue. Miss Moneypenny: You always were a cunning linguist, James.

Love the Guy, can’t imagine him engaging in hugging the ladies he would just get to the main coarse.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You do know he is a fictional character don't you?