Political correctness

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by facilities, Feb 5, 2018.

1. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Going back to the origins of this post I'm now being abused on another post by filly for saying you can have friendly relations with female co-workers. Perhaps the problem isn't the PC brigade but the narrow minded bigots on the right wing trying to cause trouble.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Nothing wrong at all with having a good working, friendly relationship with female colleagues. Just got to be aware that not all female colleagues have the same sense of humour, nor may like friendly terms of endearment (like aye up me duck, hello love, ello darling, etc, etc) Some like to keep an entirely professional relationship with colleagues (more so the ones who prefer the title Ms, as opposed to Mrs or Miss)

4. And isn't that entirely their prerogative? Are you somehow entitled to 'impose' your 'friendliness' and 'humour' (see Facs for a prize example) over them?

And can you explain what exactly you mean by the 'ones who prefer to use the term 'Ms'' rather than the marriage-related alternatives which - no surprise - do not apply to men?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The last time I was in hospital the amount of sexual banter was off the wall.
    Of course I'm sensitive to peoples sensibilities but when they are sticking earplugs down their tops so it looks like they have nipple erections or telling me how they got drunk and slept with a bloke they didn't fancy then I'm sure that they aren't shrinking violets.

6. joinerjohn1

Ahh, the medical profession does have a very strange sense of humour. I think it’s a human way of dealing with the horrific and sad things they have to deal with.

7. joinerjohn1

My experience leads me to believe this DA. A friendly greeting is just that ( dunno what passes for a friendly greeting in North Devon though , or everyday phrases people use when meeting others). Although I’d hazard a guess at it being along similar lines.
    As for those women who choose to use the prefix Ms,, perhaps I’m being sexist here, but they are usually, single, easy to take offence where none is intended, feel offended on behalf of others ( who wouldn’t take offence) and continually try to show they are utterly professional and believe they are middle / upper class ( even though they come from a working class background) Am I right ?
    Ohh almost forgot, they will undoubtedly have no children ( much preferring a dog or cat) and will die as a spinster after drinking far too much alcohol.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  8. facilities

facilities Guest

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  9. facilities

facilities Guest

Don’t stop, don’t stop, yes yes yes yes yes

10. That also explains my strange sense of humour on this forum.

11. They sure ain't.

The first - and last and only, thank t'lawd - time I was in hospital was many many moons ago - to get my d*** straightened.

A side-effect of the process was to literally shorten it by almost an inch.

A small group of nurses walked in to the ward afterwards and placed a trannie radio near my beside as I recovered from the anaesthetic - it was playing the Stones' "I can get no - Satisfaction".

I staggered out of bed - ouch - and removed the batteries as a pretend 'How dare you...' protest. The fellow in the bed next door suggested I throw the batteries in the bin, but I left them stacked neatly by the radio.

12. joinerjohn1

By heck DA, they removed half of it. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

retiredsparks likes this.
  13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

14. No. I have eight of them.

Had...

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That's more dicks than HA played with :eek::eek:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.