Brexit. What are the benefits?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Broon

Broon Active Member

Your not wrong I'm pretty glad that thread is in the rear view mirror and getting further and further away. Clearly to have a thread without silly *** for tat battles you need to police it like what chips has done (also having a DA replant seems to have worked). I may try again closer to the leaving date when we have more knowledge available to us.(BIG MAYBE)

Surely another positive of leaving the EU may be the resurgence of the Great British holiday and all your coastal resorts feeling the benefits. This is completely on account of how the deal works out as if free movement continues (or something like it) and we can still benefit from cheap insurance then there wont be but if you have to get a visa or something like an esta and then you maybe a small fortune in holiday insurance the cost keep adding up. As I said though it all depends on the deal.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I sincerely hope we don't need visas etc to go on holiday to Spain, France, Greece etc. If we do this is bound to hit the tourist trade for many EU businesses. I can see the sense in visas for emigrants who want to live and work within the EU, but not for your average Joe going on a fortnight's holiday to the Costa's etc.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I've started a new thread that hopefully is taken in the same manner.
    I really don't know what I'm doing but it seems to be working, strangely work is going the same way so hey ho let's run with it.

4. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

This Brexit thing is turning into a nightmare.
    Anything good that we ever got from the EU is being taken away from us, whilst every bad thing we ever got from the EU is being left in!!
    The fishing quotas being the latest thing...just when I thought that the price of traditional British Fish and Chips might actually go down once we left!:(

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There is another thread for the pro remainers Crows :)https://community.screwfix.com/threads/brexit-what-do-you-think-you-will-lose.197666/

6. facilities

facilities Guest

Fair comment from Chips

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Any chance you can rein jj in?

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Just now jj is doing his best to destroy the equivalent post from a remainers point of view.
    Are any of you going to try and keep the peace?

9. joinerjohn1

Sorry chip, I misread what you put and thought it was what about we’d miss about the EU.

10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Well, I'll miss my little chats with DA and whatsisname.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That's fine jj, we all make mistakes. It's fair enough, a reasonable debate with both sides listening to each other is a bit of a rarity on here.

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

DA is so allowed on here and I'm amazed he hasn't jumped in yet, perhaps I forgot to tell my maiden to take the shackles and gimp mask off o_Oo_O

fillyboy likes this.
  13. joinerjohn1

Keep him shackled a little bit longer please. ;);) ( say until 2021)

14. Broon

Broon Active Member

I don't think we will need visa's but we probably will need an esta like thing to travel to Europe which if worked like an esta you will need to renew every 2 years. There will be an increase on insurance as well I assume especially for those with known health conditions. So places like Morecombe and Blackpool should see an increase in the amount of people vacationing there.

15. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

If British resorts are available then I look forward to:
    • Good, cheap,wholesome food
    • Really cheap beer
    • Great accommodation
    • Friendly people
    • Short travel times
    All great benefits.

Because if Morecombe and Blackpool are the alternatives - then I'd rather stay at home.

Jord86 likes this.
  16. Broon

Broon Active Member

I actually went to Morecombe for the first time last year for a wee weekend and it was lovely. Got some great weather as well.

17. I like wearing it :oops:

18. facilities

facilities Guest

the impossible I can do now, miracles take a little longer:)

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sorry, I got my threads mixed up.

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Well this thread looks like a breath of fresh air, gentle debate, reasoned discussion between intellectually mature adults, think I might relax here for a while.
    How are you doing filly?