Why are leavers such numpties

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Lol complete swerve can't you remember the government official leaflet informing everyone that membership of the single market would cease after a leave vote?

2. Jimmycloutnail

No they had thier say and lost???

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Dont you get it mate. They won. So the losers have no role at all in the future of the nation apparently.

How did that pan out in Rwanda?

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Sorry, but that’s the way it works Joe. Apparently in the last election, there were more Labour voters than Conservative. Why do you think we don’t have a Labour government?

5. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Many years ago when I voted Labour and the Tories won, I accepted it, took it on the chin, in later life when I voted Conservative and they lost, I took it on the chin. I accept democracy whether or not it aligns with my views.
    If the remainers adopted the same viewpoint, we wouldn't be having this argument now, would we?

6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

To clarify. I should have used the term 'voice' in place of 'say'

7. Jimmycloutnail

That's not cherry picking it's the will of the people, so if the government declined to act as the vast majority of parliament (again all of whom are i effected by the failed EU experiment) want there would be civil unrest and there would be a general election within days and at the time it's highly likely UKIP would of gone from 1 seat to 100,s this is why the advisory referendum was not just brushed under the carpet, come on didn't think I had to spell it out for u

8. Jimmycloutnail

Glad you can cos i based my decision to leave on more that a number on a bus, however that is the gross figure we give to the EU what it should of said is we could use some of the £175,000,000 to help fund the NHS as that's the net figure we give away each week

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Straw man argument again.

You are arguing against points that havent even been made.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

This is a pointless discussion. You clearly cannot differentiate between opinion and fact.

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I get Jimmy that you are angry and looking to rail against those stealing your democracy and contesting your "facts"(actually opinion)

But stick to actually arguing against points that people make and not just inventing them to suit your argument.

12. Jimmycloutnail

What's the net figure that the uk pays as a net conributer to the EU per annum after rebates then?

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Hehe, I think you're the angry one.

14. Jimmycloutnail

Have a quick google to the nearest billion

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have no issue with us being net contributors.

When you pay your tax bill do you expect every penny to be returned to you personally each year in services?

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

What happened to your moral high ground? Have you forgot you came on here to wave your virtue signalling flag?

17. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

You clearly have an issue with being a net contributor. I dont.

18. Jimmycloutnail

That wasn't the question, I'll tell you it's about 10 billion so my post was based on facts not some analogy based on personal tax affairs, personally I'd prefer to use that money to improve the lives of people and businesses in the UK

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Well that's an interesting point, I would imagine that the average to middle income joe with kids receives more in services than he pays in tax, completely irrelevant to the debate though.

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Thats your choice.

I dont share that view.