CSCS " worker certification"

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Paul Fear, Mar 18, 2018.

?

Agree with this post

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Paul Fear

Paul Fear Member

2. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

3. Paul Fear

Paul Fear Member

Thank You Alvy. The purpose of these schemes is to help contractors avoid liability for poor management, poor inspection of workmanship and poor assesment of a workers true competence. These schemes actually increase the risks to workers safety and judging by the quality and poor inspection of new homes they also endager the public.

4. facilities

facilities Guest

Would any of the contributors on this thread that reviewed Paul’s initiative concerning the CSCS in a negative light care to comment on the linked article post 81

Paul Fear likes this.
  5. Paul Fear

Paul Fear Member

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Who's that then? You surely cannot mean me?

Not once have I suggested that people don't support your petition.

At the risk of repeating myself AGAIN (see post #48 and post #74) "I wish you well in your campaign". That is three times now that I have supported you - only Alvy can beat that. In post #74, although it clearly hasn't been received as such, I was offering advice on how you might have more success with your goal - the complete opposite of trying to undermine it.

So, please will you retract the suggestion that I am in any way trying to damage your reputation or incidentally, trying to undermine your petition? It's simply not true.

7. Paul Fear

Paul Fear Member

Willy, you implied that my petition was politically motivated. It was not. You also seemed very happy when i lost support from one who was enthusiastic.
    I have worked very hard on this issue not for personal gain, because i can always find work. I did this to rid the construction industry of a folly.

8. facilities

facilities Guest

If I can jump in.

Willy putting aside wether or not Paul’s post was politically motivated, do you think his petition has merit?

Paul Fear likes this.
  9. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

How many times....?

I don't agree with him (on anything it would seem) but I commended him early on for his approach and have been persuaded that it does (have merit) which is why I have wished him well. I think I made a good case for a system such as CSCS however my Utopian ideal and what seems to actually be happening are clearly miles apart.

I'm out for the evening now so cannot respond further should I need to.

Good Luck Paul. If that's not clear enough.......?

Paul Fear likes this.
  10. facilities

facilities Guest

Paul From Willy’s response it seems you have a convert of sorts but wether that extends to signing the petition I don’t know,

If you were to check Willy’s past posts he is a most reasonable likeable guy and certainly helps where he can, he also has principles and is not afraid to state his opinion, I don’t think this is a bad thing

For my part good luck I will be signing

11. Paul Fear

Paul Fear Member

Thank you. It is all history now. I am not one for harbouring grudges Willy & I had a disagreement and now it is resolved.