Burglary and self defence

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Pollowick, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Has the long thread regarding the pensioner defending his house disappeared? The second shorter one is there but cannot find the main one.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Probably deleted by the PC brigade for being far too controversial. I mean, defending your home, property and loved ones from crims should be illegal. :D:D:D

3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Unless i missed reading a post in that thread, i can't for the life of me see why it was deleted. There was no need at all to delete the whole thread. If a Mod thought a post or some posts were out of order, said Mod should of just deleted the offending post/posts.

4. It is very annoying when a whole thread disappears - my stuff should remain.

I said REMAIN :)

5. Pollowick

I cannot remember anything to controversial or any argument between posters.

6. joinerjohn1

You just wouldn't let it lie . :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. There was even some agreement :(.

Perhaps that's what SF Pete doesn't like...

8. Pollowick

Maybe someone suggested where the screwdriver came from!

kitfit1 and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Chances are though that Vincent nicked it from a previous burglary, very much doubt he actually paid for it anywhere :D other than with his life of course:D

retiredsparks likes this.
  10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I reckon Mike Green took a "fence"

I'll get my coat.

11. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

After the grave injustice meted out to Tony Martin (the Norfolk farmer who shot and killed a pikey burgling his house and jailed for it), the public was told that that the law was to be changed to allow residents to protect themselves better, seems it has happened, hooray.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Tony Martin got everything he deserved conviction and prison wise.

The law has always protected the right of self defence.

You are aware that years before Tony Martin a householder was acquitted of stabbing to death an on duty police officer on operational duties.

Tony Martin wasnt defending himself. He appointed himself judge jury and executioner.

This current case bears no resemblance.

And your use of the word "pikey" shows exactly what you think of travellers and gypsies. That puts the value of your opinion into context

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Maybe he was a jewish pikey?, that would be ok wouldn't it?

14. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

So now you are accusing me of being a racist and being anti-semitic.

You can look through 14 years worth of contributions on here and you will find absolutely nothing to back that up with.

Not one tiny scrap of anything.

15. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'm not accusing you of being anything, and you're right I could probably trawl through 14 years of posts and find nothing that suggests otherwise.
    There's no denying though that you appear to be going to extraordinary lengths to defend the famous jew hater (DA) on the train thread, just saying like.

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Lets not mince words here.

You suggested I would be fine with him having a pop at a Jewish pikey.

Thats outright accusing me of being anti-semitic.

And you compound that with your "jew hater" comments.

Disgraceful.

17. joinerjohn1

I fail to see how " Lying in wait " for someone to burgle a property that's been burgled many times before constitutes "pre-meditation" ( or perhaps that isn't called "protecting your property ) That's a bit like the police accusing you of wasting their time because you have fitted an alarm which calls them every time it's gone off.

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Fair enough, compared to what I've seen on this forum in recent days, I'm delighted to be considered 'disgraceful'.
    But back to the point, if he were a jewish pikey, then he would have been an accessory to the annexation of the west bank, which makes it alright doesn't it?, based on yours and DAs posts on the train thread?

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Its all about what is classed as reasonable force.

Tony Martin went way beyond anything that was reasonable.

He had a history of gun related incidents.

Shot out the window of a guy picking apples.

Had his gun licence revoked (rightly)

Was using an illegal firearm (not even one allowed with his revoked licence)

Had at least one other illegal firearm on the farm.

Wasnt even defending himself or his property. He shot the 16yr old in the back as he was running away.

The law defends the right to reasonable force strongly.

But it also will come down on grossly unreasonable behaviour.

Tony Martin could have killed anyone that night. He simply wanted revenge.

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Not even a conversation I am getting into with you.

You can read my views on it elsewhere.

All evenhanded stuff.

Sensible of you to publicly back down.