Homeopathy...real or rubbish

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by retiredsparks, Apr 18, 2018.

1. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Rubbish, I prefer the ladies meself.:p

btiw2 likes this.
  3. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

I'll share my experience if anyone is interested.
    PhilSo

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I’m interested.

5. retiredsparks

yep.......
    RS

6. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

In My late 30's I suffered with Bells Palsy.
    Initially they thought I'd had a stroke.
    Left side of my face completely paralysed.
    No muscle control at all.
    Whole side of my face just drooped.
    Couldn't close my left eye. Had to tape it shut to sleep.
    Antibiotics. Steroids. No joy.
    Recommended to a Homeopathic practitioner. Spent an hour and a half with him answering the most bizarre questions.
    He gave me a dozen or so tablets in a bottle. Not to be touched by hand. Take one a day at midday. Avoid caffeine completely.
    Improvement within a week. Completely cured in six weeks.
    Returned for consultation and he gave me some very simple lifestyle advice.

Just my personal experience.

PhilSo (very well )

btiw2 likes this.
  7. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Why do you ask. Just curious?

PhilSo

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

That's a remarkable story, and I believe for Bells Palsy conventional medicine is useless. I did a quick google earlier and it appears to be dismissed as 'quakery' having conducted scientific experiments.
    When I have problems with my arthritic neck, the doctor has given me a course of treatment with a local therapist, I've not bothered since the first time and now go to a local chiropractor, not recognised by the nhs but it works for me.

btiw2 likes this.
  9. facilities

facilities Guest

Spose it’s like other types of alternative medicine such as acupuncture, some will swear by it others may say it’s quackery, but if it works for you that’s all that matters, it certainly seemed to work for Phil.

So can’t really knock it till you try it

10. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Chiropractors are seriously underrated.
    Twist your spine one way.
    CRACK
    Twist your spine the other way.
    CRACK.
    Absolute bliss.
    Priceless.

PhilSo

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  11. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

What's your experience of Homeopathic treatment RS

PhilSo

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Funnily enough the chiropractor does stick needles in the top of my back, I had no idea until I caught a glimpse in a mirror and nearly passed out, then a bit of massage and flexing, he normally rounds it off by trying to rip me head off.
    The following morning, I generally feel the way I suspect I might if I bumped into DA in a dark alley, but the day after that, bliss, flexibility, no pain, lovely.

13. facilities

facilities Guest

One thing I would say is if alternative medicines were shown to definitely work wouldn’t they be practised by medical doctors and be available on the NHS, but I guess they wouldn’t be classed as alternative then would they ?

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I suppose in some ways, it can be likened to water divining or religion, some people wont accept it, but if it works for others, fair enough.

15. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Main stream medical remedies don't always work. Drugs. Operations. Scans.

I'm not qualified to give you a definitive answer.

Some people benefit from these treatments. They are not invasive.

Have worked for me. I assume for many others too.

Otherwise they'd be out of business.

I'm pleased with my outcome.

PhilSo

16. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

I'm waiting for DA and others to suggest that it's a conspiracy by the major drug companies to keep us all on expensive medicines.

PhilSo :):):)

17. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Where's RS

He started this

:rolleyes:
    PhilSo

18. HappyHacker

HappyHacker Active Member

I have no opinion one way or the other and have never tried homeopathy but some conventional medicines are no better than placebos the trials were just massaged to prove they work.

Surprisingly trials have proved that telling the subject they are getting a placebo produced better results than blind trials (the subject not knowing whether they were getting the placebo or the real medicine).

Given most scientists can not understand/explain how quantum physics work why should water not have a memory that works better the more it is diluted?

I have had pins stuck in me and it worked for me, but who is to say that I would not have recovered if I had not had any treatment?

19. retiredsparks

Sorry to miss the party.
    just asked as my mate in NZ swears by it.
    Was prompted by a video of James Randi...chatting about it.
    I think it's a load of cobras....but do appreciate the science behind the Placebo Effect...which has been documented.

Glad it worked for Philso.

Chiro saved my life... literally... many years ago when it was regarded as black magic. after the hospital said there was nothing they could do for me and advised me agiant it.(typical)
    If anyone wants to see how it can really be used...check out a guy called Johnbchiro....brilliant stuff.
    American and maybe hard to listen to initially but you get used to it very quickly as the content is fascinating.

RS

20. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Quote from NHS england website (my bold):

Bell's palsy is temporary weakness or lack of movement affecting one side of the face. Most people get better within 9 months.