Dead or alive?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Apr 23, 2018.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Who cares who got banned?

All I know is I will fight my own battles.

I would consider it humiliating to feel the need to report anyone for insulting me.

Unlike several on here who love nothing more than goading people, waiting for a response and then running to teacher.

You know who you are.

KIAB likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:^^^

PhilSo likes this.
  3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I know I'm taking your comment slightly out of context GB but there is a troll who needs reporting whenever he/she appears. It's in a different league from the usual suspects (I don't mean DA's usual suspects) and the comments are genuinely offensive, sick and perverted. Some of us get PMs from it as well. Please hit the report button if you get one of those insults.
    Thanks.

KIAB likes this.
  4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

The only PM’s I’ve ever had on here were from Tomplum and several from SF Peter. ( raps on the fingers, of which the last one was August last year)

5. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I doubt anyone had either time or the inclination to run to teacher yesterday, and why bother anyway, DA and chippy seem to be under close scrutiny by the moderators at the moment, I can't imagine why.
    Perhaps it was because five minutes after coming off a ban, he was on here goading people and dishing out insults.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  6. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I dont come here to be insulted and abused....I get that done professionally..at home.

What makes me laugh .....genuinely.....is that the 'Persona Non Grata' brigade....are quite happy to scream racist, homophobe, islamophobe, facist....ad nauseam...and then get all defensive and offended...when they are called maggots and scrotes.
    It's predictable boring drivel and i have never even been thanked for educating them with the etymological sophistication of my retorts.
    I don't speak for others but I do wish many types of people prolonged, acute, incurable bodily malfunctions.....mainly of the biblical genre.
    RS

KIAB likes this.
  7. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I stopped going to Whisky Live about 5 years back. I did not like the management attitude and that of the event staff that were there and when issues or complaints raised after the event they could not be bothered to reply.

The Whisky Show is organised, managed and run by staff of the Whisky Exchange - a company set up n the 90s to buy and sell premium whisky, and the event is, to me, way superior.

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Thats a different matter absolutely.

I got a couple of PMs in the last week or so of a similar disturbing nature.

I was referring to those who (usually on a political topic) like to goad, insult and then wait for a response and then report it.

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

You are the number one offender at the goading and insulting.

You revel in creating a poisonous atmosphere on here.

As for accusing others of being perpetually offended?

Retired electrician?

Still a full time professional victim though.

Great that you still find a slot in the schedule to learn new words to attempt to pump up your self confidence though.

Nothing more cringeworthy than someone who thinks that inserting obscure words somehow demonstrates supreme intelligence.

Its all a bit Alan Partridge really.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

There are plenty who love nothing more than reporting others for what they say in heated conversations.

They should man up. If they are going to dish it out they should take a few punches too without bawling their eyes out like a little baby.

Humiliating.

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Sad state of affairs. Some can be abusive. Chippy is one. Always uncalled for remarks. For me, i just put him on ignore. Thats the best thing to do. It cuts out the childishness of it all. Plus, i dont want to keep seeing such posts.

retiredsparks likes this.
  12. retiredsparks

Funny how being the Numero Uno 'whatever'...has never got me banned on successive occasions ?
    It must be my easy style and Je ne sais quoi.
    I really must get out of the habit of RESPONDING to real banable abuse.

I NEVER apologise for knowing more than anyone in my company..at any time.

13. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

For a while I thought it was the keyboard player from Sparks.

14. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I don't think you meant "etymological" here.
    You're not investigating the roots of words (their origins, where they came from) you're just using long words (and sometimes in the wrong context[1]).

Here's an example of etymology.
    Sophistication - originally from the Greek 'sophos' meaning wisdom (we still see 'sophos' in 'Philosophy' - lover of wisdom).
    It then came to be associated with the Sophists and through them the word 'sophisticated' came to mean dishonest, impure, corrupted or adulterated.
    This idea of something being mixed, made of many parts, gives us the modern meaning of 'sophistication'.

'Lexical sophistication' might have been a better choice of word there.

If you're genuinely interested in etymology then maybe start a thread on the topic?

[1] I'm never sure whether to point that out. I think some people think it's rude. I'm not the language police, so *whatevs* right?

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

This one.

upload_2018-4-26_9-9-55.jpeg

koolpc likes this.
  16. retiredsparks

I do very good impression....with the sidewards glance.
    Rs

17. retiredsparks

Btiw2
    always open to interesting info....and correction where needed.
    I shall use a more correct word in future.
    Rs

18. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Cool. I wasn't going to bring it up, but I think melancholic was the wrong humour to use here:
    The Greeks had an early biological model that we were made of 4 humours.
    Phlegm, melancholy (black bile), blood, and yellow bile.

Melancholy gave rise to that wistful, soulful, relaxed, introspective sadness that's depicted in Duhrer's (spelling?) famous woodcut with a lazy bint looking at a magic square and geometric solids.
    Choleric is angry, bad-tempered sadness. This is probably closer to your intention.
    Phlegmatic and sanguine are the moods from the other two humours.

Unless I'm wrong. That happens too.

19. retiredsparks

True info...and thanks for the reminder.
    Contrary to popular misconceptions, I dont need to look up most of the words I use (maybe some spellings....lol...like Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis as I dont use that one at coffee mornings usually)
    I wanted to portray not just a momentary disappointment or sadness as i believed that i would remain disappointed with these people well into the future.....;)
    Rs

20. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

When I was teen I read a psychology book that drew two axes. One for extroversion/introversion and one for stable/neuroticism.
    It then put the four humours into the four quadrants. So neurotic introvert is melancholic. Stable introvert, phlegmatic. Stable extrovert, sanguine. Neurotic/unstable extrovert, choleric.

The main thing I learnt from that book is that psychology is full of ****.