Dead or alive?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Apr 23, 2018.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Anyone know what happened with him today?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

DA, been naughty,doppelganger ...

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

He fell down the plug hole In the shower?

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

To me, all rather boring and pointless and actually, pretty sad that someone has to continuosly test how far they can push the ‘decency’ boundaries, play mind games with other members and give the mods no other choice than to ban them

No once, not twice, but on a regular basis, with the frequency increasing to a predictable level

No one on this site knows each other (as far as I know), we don’t work with each other, drink in the same pub, share same social groups, go to each other’s houses for a weekend shindig

We’re all differant, lead differant lives, some work, some are retired, some probably sit at home, taping away on the keyboard, having a ‘rumage’ down below whilst eating a bag of whatsits :p

The thing is, whatever our lifestyle, there must be something more worthwhile to be doing than trying our hardest to get banned again and in the quickest time known to mankind

I mean, to me, what is the point ...... really ?

Yeah I’m on the forum everyday, usually check in 7 days a week, don’t mind saying it can be a little addictive (but so can ‘fiddling’ whilst eating whatsits) :eek:

Always have a read through of posts that catch my eye. Ask a fair few questions myself and hopefully, contribute some useful info as well (debatable I agree)

But that’s it for me, it’s enough, I get my fix, then move on, maybe at work, maybe at home, maybe out on the raz, I’ve got other stuff to be getting on with ...... haven’t we all ?

Maybe not :(

Why get so wound up with people we don’t know or are never gonna meet or will have no direct influence on how we live our lives

All of us are entitled to our own opinions, some are best kept under wraps and we should know and understand the boundaries here, what can be said in a public area - real life or a forum

Yes we live in a democracy, a civalised society and the modern world

With all of this though comes certain rules and laws and common decency that we have to abide to

It’s not a case of stifling free thinking and speech, just that there has to be boundaries to rain in the ‘wild cards’

Ok enough, I’m off to do something intelegent now...... dbl episode of Coronation St :eek: (That’s a joke, honest) On train home, time for some relaxing music

Behave one and all :)

CGN, Jimmycloutnail and fillyboy like this.
  5. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Gone for good this time!

6. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Lighten up. There wasn’t a point.

DA’s been banned three times in about a fortnight. The first for being argumentative and combative - true, but the last two are just DA being mischievous. That’s not testing decency boundaries. It’s just DA being a cheeky monkey.

He’s posting comments he knows will get him immediately banned (what was it? Less than 30 seconds?) before anyone other than SF Pete will read them.

I think DA has taken himself out of the forum for a laugh and to remove the temptation of his argument addiction. Probably so he can get some peace and quiet and get more work done.

Or maybe it’s an altruistic gesture- it’s us (u-s?) who’ll receive peace and quiet too. Nah. Probably not that.

He know’s he’ll be insta-banned for his magic SF Pete trigger phrase, so he’s not really causing trouble.

Good on the mad, eccentric, argumentative old codger (I write safe in the knowledge of no comeback).

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Some forums give longer bans after being banned once etc. 3 strikes and 3 month ban or even out!

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

You almost make it sound like he's a noble samurai who's committed 'seppuku' for the good of the forum. You're wrong, he's been banned (again) for being offensive.

A lot of us on here are eccentric, argumentative old codgers. It is possible to be that way without being an offensive bully. Anyway, perhaps we should let it lie for the time being, raise a toast to 'absent friends' and get on with it, whatever 'it' is.

9. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

I was banned from a forum for 3 days when I said a certain trade union leader should have been burned at the stake...:(

10. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Nah. I thought he was just having a chuckle.

I don’t think samurai are noted for that.

I often am.

He’d already noted how quickly his comment got him banned. There’s no offence if only SF Pete sees it (unless you can offer alternate evidence?).

Good call. I’ll toast that. I’ll have to turn a polite blind eye to the use of the word “friends”.

To absent DA! (Interpret that as you will).

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  11. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Happened to me recently on the Coal Miners are a Laugh forum, I had no idea Arthur Scargill was one of the moderators.

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

[​IMG]

13. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

That's the one.:)

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Apparently DA had two accounts,trying to outwit SFP..

15. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Maybe even 3 or 4! :p

KIAB likes this.
  16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Has chippywippy been banned for life?

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Following the theory of quantum mechanics, DA is both alive and dead at the same time. His state becomes one or the other only when observed, which no one can in this virtual world.

Deleted member 33931 and btiw2 like this.
  18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Rather like a character from Discworld..:)

19. He has got five that I can think of,so probably more.

20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Well said Dave. I think DA fantasises about being Steve McQueen in the great escape, and expects adulation and a hearty slap on the back on return. One problem, this is SF, and its not rock n roll!