Dead or alive?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Ah... You have a long memory :oops:.

Guilty as charged... :(

Can I take one - more recent - case into consideration, m'lud?

(Of course, all these other 'users' are now 'dead', 3 for a very long time...)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
  2. Och, bee-two... :oops: I'd have hoped that my 'smiley' and my 'like' would have demonstrated that I took Bodge's post in the manner it was hopefully intended :rolleyes:.

But - blimey - "You should take that as a solid four star review..." has my patronisation antennae twitching like a twitchy thing.

Anyhoo, I have plans to revive the Homeo thread - something the actual product cannot do.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Far too easy to turn the homeopathy thread into a Brexit thread there B2. Both are very similar in the way they’ve been watered down mate. ;);););)

Btw Welcome back DA, should I set my alarm clock for one weeks time ? ;);)

btiw2 and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  4. And neither will do what they promised...

5. joinerjohn1

Yep, I fear Brexit is now turning into an even bigger disaster/ fiasco than I dare imagined. I honestly believe we had the upper hand in the negotiations ( and still do) but the present shower of ***** we have in Westmonster are quite literally bending over backwards to the EU, allowing this country to be well and truly shafted.

6. joinerjohn1

Anyway, must get back to my sunbathing here in sunny Cala D’or. Watching some hotel staff trying to assemble what looks like a table tennis table together. Four of them struggling to suss out the instructions and a few rather animated discussions going on between them. Very entertaining. ;);)

7. If it helps, JJ, and I honestly hope that it does, please please please just consider the possibility that leaving is truly the worst thing for us (especially), for the EU, and for humanity.

It is the wrong move in many different ways. We do need to learn from history, both fairly recent (last century) and from many many centuries past. Ironically, it is the complacency given by our relatively recent success - the long peace and strong economic growth - that allows such thoughts as "Maaaan, we have it bad - we can have MORE. Who can we blame? I know - the others. It must be them, 'cos we are fab."

That might not be your thinking on this, JJ, but I know it's that of very many, both on here and in the real world. Delusion. Dangerous delusion.

8. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Oh god, he's off again.
    Where's that report button?

Here's an idea. The options behind the report button should follow the rules of "just a minute".

Bzzzzt. Repetition of "for humanity".

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Had my annual pension review last night, short of a catastrophe, I'll be retired in just over 4 years so I'm alright Jack.

Then this country can go to hell in a hand basket which it likely will do.

Thank Gawd. (that' I'm alright Jack, not that this country will....)

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

11. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Whether misinterpreted or not, it was becoming tiresome DA. We all go into 'the wilds' at times, I certainly do, cus I'm imperfect, perhaps it was your time too?!

btiw2 likes this.
  12. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I’m immature (always have been, ever since I was a kid) so I believe in welcoming people back after they’ve been sanctioned.

I agree that it’s difficult to see DA as Steve McQueen. Steve McDramaQueen?[1]

I think you have a point CGN. DA needed a time-out and we all needed a holiday from DA too.

You’re imperfect? The problem with admitting that you’re imperfect is that it’s a scale with only one end. What’s the opposite of perfect? Completely eff’ed up? Disaster zone? We need metric units of imperfection.

I know.

On a scale from perfect to Brexit negotiations I’d put myself in the middle. 50 centibrexits [2].

[1] Do you ever have one of those lines which you don’t really believe but you don’t want to waste either?

[2] Brexit used here as satire and not an invitation to descend into a political slanging match. Pretend I said “Common Agricultural Policy” if you feel offended.

CGN likes this.
  13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Relax JJ, and don't believe what you read in the papers or hear in the House of Lords.

koolpc likes this.
  14. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Beer...or wine, may help.

What is your daily gig?

15. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

My daily gig is pretty much rye whiskey.

I don’t have a problem with wine, if people are that way inclined, live and let live. I don’t judge.

16. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

So your job is a whiskey taster?

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Middle to higher management or possibly an entrepreneur/business owner, enjoys diy, has land, lots of trees, nice house but if his wife owns a horse it's likely a tip, owns a chainsaw, has 9.5 fingers.

Deleted member 33931 and btiw2 like this.
  18. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Dude! I was just typing a reply, but yours is better! You pretty much nailed it.

9.95 fingers (end of my thumb).

19. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

No horse. I have to maintain four houses, a number of outbuildings and grounds.

Not sure I “enjoy” it. Yeah, I guess I do.

Curious on how stereotypical I am now.

Business owner. Does your psychic power suggest type of business?

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Yes, I think you're far too clever and too much fun for accountancy or finance, too left of centre to be a hedge fund manager. Your diy capabilities are throwing me a bit, that suggests engineering or the like, ain't much money in that these days unless you've cornered a niche like formula 1.
    I'll stick me neck out and have a stab at advertising/promotion?, media?

btiw2 likes this.