Dead or alive?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Apr 23, 2018.

1. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Cheers Filly. I’ll take that kind speculation.

It’s financial systems, but it’s still niche. I’m closer to Gordon the gopher than Gordon Gecko.

It’s not really something I like to admit to - it’s not exactly socially acceptable. But we’re all friends here, so why not admit my shame? Sometimes we all must debase ourselves for money - don’t judge me.

My background is statistics, pure mathematics, and software. So you were very close.

I spent my youth working in a heavy side builders’ merchants. Driving forklifts/tippers/JCBs, working with ready mix hoppers, that sort of stuff, coupled with maths, is probably what threw you towards engineering as a guess.

Clever? I’m not so sure.

Forrest Gump tells us that stupid is as stupid does. Surely then, clever is as clever does? I may sound clever, but I do stupid. I’m certainly not wise in the way that Chippie or KIAB are.

I’m definitely happy to be described as fun though!

2. That's ok, CGN. Have you said the same to Filly et Deleted member 11267 et IIR?

3. Now that was pretty impressive...

btiw2 likes this.
  4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I made all my money as a test pilot. For Airfix!

5. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

You were a model employee.

6. Glued to his desk.

7. facilities

facilities Guest

So your back eh, I’m just a tad annoyed at all this patronising sycophantic cheerleading and smoke being blown up your rear end, get a grip you lot will ya :p

I have also been away and not one of you seemed to have missed me, so then, I now know where I stand :(

btiw2 likes this.
  8. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Welcome back.
    Did you enjoy your Welsh break?

facilities likes this.
  9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Welcome Back.

Not sure who missed you most, us or Spoons. :p:p:p

facilities likes this.
  10. facilities

facilities Guest

Thank you for asking b2 but that is over a week away yet.

Unfortunately I too have been on the naughty step alongside DA I was released yesterday morning,

I did have my SF resignation speech typed out as I believed I was unfairly treated:(, I will keep it in notes anyway and may yet have to use it in future:D

btiw2 likes this.
  11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Sorry Facs. The naughty step isn’t too bad though, and you’re right, who they ban can seem arbitrary at times.

I’ve learnt that there are certain topics which are much more sensitive than others. You all know which topics I’m talking about.

12. Who the hell are you?

facilities likes this.
  13. What did you say, Facs? (No, I'm not trying to trap you - just wondering what the 'gist' was. It was being rude to other users for me...)

14. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Probably, I've just 'known' you longer.

15. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Who are u guys? :confused::p

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I had no idea either and assumed you were on the welsh 2nd honeymoon trip.

17. facilities

facilities Guest

It was no big deal Filly, As already stated I thought the rap sheet was pretty flimsy, but you don’t get the right to appeal:), come to think of it the Thursday it happened DA caught the same bus as me, but what’s happened to Chippie & Goldenboy, perhaps it was a proper cull:D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  18. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Goldenballs is about, he posted today, haven't seen chipster in a while though.

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I used to spend hours assembling them little airfix planes, days painstakingly painting them in the authentic camouflage colours. Then I'd fill them with lighter fluid and set them alight as I threw them out the bedroom window whilst screaming "Gott Im himmell".

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  20. My bro was obsessed with these, and would spend hours building, painting and then playing with them, and arranging battle campaigns with his legions of soldiers. I would sneak the odd plane out to the barn and string it up from a rafter - then set it alight, flying around in circles. The sound of the molten burning plastic dropping off and hitting the ground was awesome :)