The worlds gone

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Isitreally, May 11, 2018.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Post modernist neo Marxists ideologues can go to hell.

3. big all

big all Screwfix Select

i dont see what the problem is
    its communication its interaction its sounds and facial movements its reassurance and comfort
    the actual noise you make is fairly unimportant as its bonding
    you could go through the highway code a shopping list or your ex lovers its irrelevant as long as you speak in a soft reassuring way with a soft or beaming smile:D:D

4. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Maybe, but if the question was 'can I change your nappy', whatever noise it made in reply I'd say "I'll take that as a no".

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. You seem to have a suspicion of experts, IIR... :rolleyes:

6. big all

big all Screwfix Select

its not even worth a comment if someone is wired differently and decides to ask for permission it cant do any harm its as i say interaction
    providing it doesnt lead to neglect i cant see the harm

7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

As long as I've been alive, and that's a long time, mothers have spoken to and interacted with their babies, and will continue to do so and reap the reward of seeing that child develop. But asking permission to change their nappy?, really?

8. Yes, it's very silly.

The 'world has not gorn mad', tho', IIR. Just one person gorn a wee bitty daft, for the best of intentions.

You really don't want my thoughts on 'opinions of experts' and 'the world really going mad', do you...

btiw2 likes this.
  9. big all

big all Screwfix Select

ok you choose to get bothered by others bizare actions if you wish :)
    i will spend my life worrying about important things that help people;)

btiw2 likes this.
  10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

No.

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

In this instant, absolutely, I would wager she doesnt even have children and if she does God help them.

The world has gone mad, simply because people like her "Experts" are being listened to and taken as the way to go on in the future.

Next you'll have KIDS being able to pick whether they are Male, Female or neither. Oh wait, its too late, we're all doomed. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  12. Or, quite probably, her children could just grow up to be incredibly well balanced, considerate, thoughtful, with zero malicious intent present in a single cell, with complete awareness of what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour betwixt us all.

And they certainly won't need gawd's help.

13. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a government grant involved in this

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Highly unlikely, there will look down on anybody who isn't abnormal and strange, and start screaming at the sky.

15. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

And that's the problem.

The more out the way it is, the more its forced upon us via our own money.

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

We have to ask patients permission every time we have to give any kind of personal care. Even taking BP requires consent. An even greyer area is that of " best interest " Say a patient is wet/ soiled and refuses to allow us to change them ? Obviously its in that patients best interest to allow us to do so, but the decision is up to them if they have the capacity to make an informed decision.

As for the original article, I'd have to say that babies just dont have the capacity to make an informed decision ( just watch some psychologist try and prove me wrong now )

17. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

And what do you think about that policy. I understand there are grey areas which are, by definition, grey. But what about the policy in general?

You actually have experience in this and I don’t. This means your opinion is worth more than mine (especially as I don’t really have one).

18. See how good I'm being, bee-too? I'm going to ignore IIR's daft reply to my post.

Aaaaaaah - that feels gooood.

Damn - another pencil snapped... :-(

btiw2 likes this.
  19. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Good, cause nobody cares what you have to say anyroad.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  20. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

In my job, I’m always asking patients if I can take their BP and other observations. There’s direct consent, where they say “ Yes, of course.” There’s assumed consent, whereby a patient holds their arm out to allow the pressure cuff to be placed around it, but don’t actually answer. A patient who refuses, will be asked later on in the day and we might tell them the doctor has asked us to do it. Might even bribe them at times with a cuppa if they have it done. Patients on End of Life care, don’t have their BP done. Obviously, we occasionally have patients deteriorate suddenly, and in an emergency situation a full set of observations ( BP, heart rate, breathing rate and type, consciousness level, blood sugar level etc) might well be taken without asking consent as it’s in the patients best interest. Generally the policy works well.

btiw2 likes this.