Drivetime - Simon Mayo

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by oldetone, May 16, 2018.

1. oldetone

oldetone Member

As some of you may have heard Simon Mayo's Drivetime show on BBC2 has changed with the addition of Jo Whiley. The show's format has been totally altered for no apparent reason. Many people do not like the new format and have started a petition to return the show to its previous format.

The petition link is here if you would like to sign it:-

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-bring-back-simon-mayo-and-the-dream-team

Simon Mayo's Facebook page is here with lots of disgruntled entries:-

https://www.facebook.com/pg/simonmayodrivetime/reviews/

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Yep, a completely ruined radio show that for me is completely unlistenable now. It's obvious the BBC did this put a woman in a radio two daytime slot...................absolutely the wrong reason BBC and the wrong slot.
    If they really felt they had to pander to the PC brigade, they should have simply dumped Steve Wright and dropped her into his slot. A DJ's job is to play music and tell you what they are playing. Steve Wright does little music playing because he loves the sound of his own voice too much and might possibly tell you what he is playing 10% of the time. I doubt anyone would miss him, but wrecking the Drivetime show for PC's sake is beyond comprehension :mad:

CGN and Astramax like this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Would not miss Steve Wright and that other Twit Tim Me Me, and take Chris Evans as well, noisy hyperactive irriot.

retiredsparks likes this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I find SW annoying too.

5. facilities

facilities Guest

I still miss our tune :(

6. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

The 'Screwfix' tune?..:confused: