Rollers, brushes etc... recommendations

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Westforester, May 17, 2018.

1. Westforester

Westforester Member

Hello.
    I'm about to do first layers on my freshly painted extension. I'd really love some advice on what equipment to.buy.

Firstly ceilings. I've got a large pitched, high ceiling with roof lights in in.
    The other is flat and lower
    Walls are just walls
    Exterior is smooth render (I've chosen duly weathershield).

All brand new plaster/render so I want to make this good! It's just me and my ladder so I guess I need a pole? Is a big roller and tray better than a normal sized one? Any advice very greatfully received.

Thankyou for reading

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got high pitched ceilings, hire a access tower, easier to work from & safer.

3. Westforester

Westforester Member

Thanks

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Treat yourself to a PELICAN and a pack of liners, Screwfix sell them, amazing piece of kit.:);)

KIAB likes this.
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

KIAB likes this.
  7. Beeero

Beeero Active Member

Get yourself a hvlp sprayer and some statically charged sheet with the tape on the edge

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What's 'some statically charged sheet with tape on the edge'?

9. Beeero

Beeero Active Member

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Is that mostly used with hvlp spraying preparation masking techniques as I have never heard of it?

11. Beeero

Beeero Active Member

I’m not sure, I was looking for a charged dust sheet one day as I know they use such things on the automotive paining so I just stumbled upon it, I think it’s great the roll is about 5 inches thick but unfolds to about 1 meter

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Sounds interesting........................ worthy of further investigations!:)

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I imagine there would be a risk that if you brushed your hair, the sheet could slide of the bed and wrap itself around your statically charged head.

14. Beeero

Beeero Active Member

Drinking on an empty head

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Unlikely..................due to follicle shortage here!:(

16. Westforester

Westforester Member

I fear this would be how I die.........

17. Westforester

Westforester Member

Thanks Guys - items on order, will collect tomorow. Ive never had a designated paint kettle before (Im a margarine tub/jam jar kinda girl). Feeling fancy now! Id best pull some super neat paint strokes now Im all kitted up!.
    PS: the statically charged sheet! WOW