8.5kw shower cable

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by lvlouse, May 13, 2018.

1. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Oh dear . lol, its all good fun..:)

KIAB and Heat like this.
  2. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Can you deny that the original design was 10mm? No! So it should remain in 10mm.

And I still would not put 6mm on a 40A breaker. You and @Risteard can do so if you like, but I wouldn't do it. Ok? My choice.

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. My oh my. One is very impressed with your level of back peddling but I'm afraid you are still wrong. You are referring to the OP which is "this post". "This post" is this situation. This situation being the op running 10mm through 2m of insulation and thence to 6mm for the last two m.
    If I brought a fully populated CCU which had a 40A circuit breaker and the situation is as described in this post then I would have no qualms using it"
    This post is this one...

https://community.screwfix.com/threads/8-5kw-shower-cable.199423/

Who, in their right mind, would think it to be any other one? This is what you said and this is what you meant. Don't try and wiggle out of it.
    So it would seem your totally cool with that? Running 10mm 2m trhough insulation? Even though it's a major breach of 7671?
    Obvs. you haven't been on the forum long so no one really knows what your level of experience might be, but to recommend something like that and NOT have any qualms, well I would say that's a pretty sloppy understanding of the situation AND 7671.

You know what? I'm DIY. I don't do any sparking. Never have, never will. But it seems pretty damn clear to me that I already know a great deal more than you.

So, for the third time, are you a spark?

4. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

Believe me it's obvious that you're not an Electrician. You are a know-all who knows * all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
  5. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

It's times like this I really don't know what you except me to say?

6. Bazza-spark

Kettle and pot come to mind.

Go suck up with your new mate Hollie who was the one Coloumb was addressing, not you.

KIAB and Coloumb like this.
  7. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

A few weeks ago I thought sammi was DA.
    Now I'm sure Hollie is Lee.

8. Hollie

Hollie Member

Only took you four days to come up with that reply even though you've been active on the forum. Just to clarify again as you are obviously a *....you are ignoring the fact the post says "in this post" you can read the quoted post that's says "in this post". You are choosing to highlight in red the bit that says "situation is as described" and ignoring the three words that follow that say "in this post". The whole sentence says "If I brought a fully populated CCU which had a 40A circuit breaker and the situation is as described in this post then I would have no qualms using it". Do you understand what as described in this post means?

Described means To give an account of in speech or Writing

This means
    Used for a person, object, idea, etc. to show which one is referred to

A post on a forum is part of conversation in the form of posted messages.

And yes it is clear you are DIY and also * as you cant grasp what "this" means.

There is no way
    I'm back peddling as I'm correct and you are wrong . You are the one who has got their knickers in a twist over it all.
    If you actually read your own posts back you would see they are rather embarrassing . You can't comprehend what "this"means. *

9. Hollie

Hollie Member

Just like Risteard was addressing Coloumb, not you. I notice you didn't come running to your other * rescue when a picture of his disgraceful work was plastered over the forum.

10. Bazza-spark

I see a ban looming.

I also didn't see the photo you are referring too, probably because I don't have a *.

KIAB likes this.
  11. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

THIS is the best you can do? Pathetic.

12. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Lee - just to recap.

Your wrong about this post.
    You where wrong about the crimps.
    You where wrong about the docusa document/3m rule.
    You where wrong about the 3m rule reg in 7671.
    You where wrong about the loft insulation.

When you left you said you where never coming back...

1.jpg View attachment 24190

looks like your wrong about that too.

13. Bazza-spark

Oh dear, I did try and warn him the Mods wouldn't be happy about his bad language. I got my wrist slapped for quoting him.

Wash his mouth with carbolic soap!! :mad:

Kind regards

KIAB likes this.
  14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:D

15. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

16. Hollie

Hollie Member

Not to you I haven't. You don't seem to be able to grasp the most simple of things so I can't be bothered with you ;)

Risteard likes this.
  17. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

You don't seem to be able to grasp that your LeeSparkyKent, who clearly said you weren't coming back. So your wrong about that and wrong about this post.

18. Josh.91

Josh.91 Member

Few tired heads on here today haha