How do you reckon the former Great Britain is now viewed by the world?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, May 15, 2018.

1. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

View attachment 24439
    Of course they are!!!

They are part of the EU family, we are leaving, so perhaps it's ourselves who are playing silly buggers (10 mile wide 'border'? Insanity! ).

I still fail to get my head round the fact that we decided to leave, without any plan of what we wanted (and still, 2 years on have no idea), and, now the EU won't give us everything we say we need , we cry "They're all such terrible people not giving in to our demands". Pathetic.

http://archive.is/DBiEZ

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

[​IMG]

3. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

5. facilities

facilities Guest

This now looks really serious over a week has gone by and no sign of him:(

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Who ?

7. facilities

facilities Guest

Possibly a tongue in cheek reply, if not, the author of this thread:)

8. joinerjohn1

Ahh he who's name shall never be spoken nor mentioned :p:p:p:p

retiredsparks and facilities like this.
  9. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You must be a very experienced lawyer on EU matters (or a prophet!!) to be able to make such a categorical statement as "This will fail", when the EU court are to listen to it only on July 5th. If it had been as clear cut as you think it would never have got to that stage.

Let's wait and see, eh?

10. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Apologies, joinerjohn, but could I just ask if you've yet located any UK veto being used to prevent our being "ruled" by them, as you told me? Surely you've had enough time by now?

11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Of course you’re right that I’m neither a lawyer nor a prophet.

In my opinion, this case will quickly run into a dead end. I believe that a simple reading of the letter and spirit of a50 will kill this.

But, sure, let’s wait and see.

If I’m wrong, then the certainty I’ve expressed here will give you a bucket of bragging rights.

Tell you what - if I’m wrong then I’ll add a signature to my posts to say “Lancs was right and I was very, very wrong” and change my avatar to a dunce’s cap. Fair enough?

12. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I hope you're wrong just to see this. :p:p:p:p

13. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

"A simple reading...." surely any experienced lawyer (and it appears some of the judges, also) would have seen this immediately - and not be wasting clients money?

However bragging rights are not in my nature so I won't expect any of your suggestions if you are wrong - we simply are disagreeing on a possibility, that's all!

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I suspect that even DA being on the panel of judges couldn't sway this one in the EU's favour. But hey, nothing wrong with having a glimmer of hope that the nutters can cling to.

15. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You obviously are an experienced expert on the matter of 'nutters', then.
    (Thinks:- I wonder why?). :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Things may well be going in the EU's favour, anyway, and the new Italy government doesn't seem to be about to want to leave, either. Ho Hum.

16. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Whats this meant to mean.???

The new gov is already stiring it up by accusing Tunisia of sending over convicts as migrants, that doesn't sound like a gov thats going to pander to the EU.

17. joinerjohn1

Lanc, you know there are examples out there, one certainly concerning the EU’s common agricultural policy. ( I’ll let you google that )

18. joinerjohn1

Aww come on Lanc, this is the EU we’re talking about. Bureaucrats, skilled in the art of “wasting money” Of one thing you can be sure, it’s not “ clients money” it’s mine, yours and every other person who pays into the EU’s money that will be wasted.

19. joinerjohn1

A message, relayed from DA himself on another forum.

"DA explained that he
    pm'd Peter of screwfix to end his account with SF, which he did and entered him as deleted member, there was no deception intended by DA,"
    Hopefully cleared up there. DA left voluntarily of his own volition (apparently)

20. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Yes his account has been deleted. Despite his whinging (which can be ignored), its a big loss for this forum.