Tommy Robinson

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by fillyboy, May 30, 2018.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Just starting to catch up on the news regarding this character. He'd had a previous warning for contempt of court and warned he would go to prison if he did it again, then did the same thing again.
    The bloke is clearly an idiot, BUT, arrested, tried and imprisoned all within three hours apparently with no legal representation and then reporting restrictions put on his arrest?
    I don't much like the smell of that, what next? secret courts and prisons?

facilities and retiredsparks like this.
  2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Don't much like the bloke, he courts trouble.
    But it does seem very strange the way this has been dealt with, make you wonder what he was about to unearth.

retiredsparks likes this.
  3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I don't think he was about to unearth anything that isn't or wasn't known, but as you say, strange the way it was handled.

4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

This time the state has dealt with someone you dont like and may not agree with.......in a mendacious manner. Next time it might be you or yours and YOU will have no protection by Law.

This guy does not appear to be a nutcase, radical, right wing, nazi ....or if he is he is very well read.

RS

5. retiredsparks

Many people could and have been accused of "courting trouble"..........Gandhi, Galileo, Mother Theresa, Churchill...

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

Rs

Heat, facilities and fillyboy like this.
  6. retiredsparks

7. retiredsparks

Even the Aussies are worried about our "legal system".

RS

facilities and fillyboy like this.
  8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Cliff Richard will be wondering why the media were treated slightly differently when he was arrested. I know why.

9. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

"If you tolerate this, then your children will be next". Yes I know it's the Manics, but every word is true, democracy and our legal system is not compatible with behaviour such as this.

10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Great band, saw them many years ago at Wembley Arena, and again last year or the year before at the Eden Project.

11. retiredsparks

Are they involved with Tommy...or are you just taking this thread off at a tangent ?
    ;)
    Rs

facilities and fillyboy like this.
  12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

It's a fair cop RS. :oops:

facilities and retiredsparks like this.
  13. retiredsparks

Get on track and we will say no more about it , OK ?
    ;)
    Rs

fillyboy likes this.
  14. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Strange that here, in the UK, the law is normally very slow and limited on what it can do on people that commit serious crime and even those involved heavily in terrorism. Yet suddenly the law can be used against what are often more softer targets. And it seems it is those of us with so called right wing views that find themselves under stricter rules and judgements here.
    Even the Press are part of the problem and being politically controlled, at least to some extent.

retiredsparks likes this.
  15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Sadly many are falling well and truly into the trap set by Tommy Robinson.

This is all a quite deliberate attempt at attention seeking and self publicity.

He was on a suspended sentence for another offence of contempt of court. He then engineered himself getting himself arrested for a repeat offence that would trigger his original suspended sentence. He then pled guilty to speed up his sentencing.

He isnt being treated differently. He is deliberately trying to create the illusion that he is. The speed of his sentencing is entirely down to his actions.

Tommy Robinson is a thug.

Plus entirely dishonest as well. He loves to claim he serves his sentence "with his head held high on a normal wing"

Wheras really he goes into solitary and eats Dairylea Triangles and drinks Capri Suns to avoid food tampering.

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'm sorry Goldenboy but I believe you're totally WRONG. Hasn't Dairylea been pretty much superseded by The Laughing Cow.

[​IMG]

17. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Not in my house.

Dairylea all the way.

If I tried putting a Lauging Cow Lunchable in my kids packed lunches I would be calling out the riot squad.

fillyboy likes this.
  18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Fair enough, I rarely (never) do food shopping, but having occasionally accompanied mrs filly on a shopping trip, I can honestly say I've not seen Dairylea for donkeys years and until I googled it thought that Dairylea had become Laughing Cow.

I do love a cheddar and Branston sandwich in me lunchbox and for a change, I do like a 'cheese triangle' sandwich.

Nothing like a decent cheese board after a nice meal in a restaurant, some brie and stilton etc, but come on Restaurateurs, chuck on a couple of 'triangles', it might be common, but we like 'em.

As for Tommy Robinson, I agree, he's a bit of a thug, a bit of an idiot, maybe even a racist?. Unfortunately we need people like that and that's the sad part of the debate, we shouldn't need people like that, but 'extremism' on both sides of the debate dictate that is what will happen on both sides.

facilities likes this.
  19. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I don't agree with some of TR's views, but his case is a symptom of what the government and institutions in this country are good at - dealing with secondary problems, which they do very well. The primary problem is of course the grooming of young white girls by a disproportionate section of the community, as Maajid Nawaz points out.

Why oh why can't this government get a grip on the primary problem.

retiredsparks and facilities like this.
  20. facilities

facilities Guest

Hey Filly you leave my dragon out of this :p