Best Cutting board

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by harnat, Jun 11, 2018.

1. harnat

harnat New Member

This is my new cutting board. Very compact and comfortable.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      104.9 KB
      Views:
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Bad design,skewer holes dirt traps,no proper way to clean them.

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Nice advert - expensive product!

DIYperson likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Perfect for cutting spam!:D

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    DIYperson, Astramax and facilities like this.
  5. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

What the hell is wrong with just putting food on a plate these days. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

facilities likes this.
  6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I prefer food in my mouth.

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I have a preference for a trough.

KIAB and DIY womble like this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Not saying my wife's cooking is bad but the dustbins got ulcers.

9. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Wrong forum.

Tech talk for breadboards.

DIYperson likes this.
  10. harnat

harnat New Member

With regular cleaning, there will be no dirt. :)

11. harnat

harnat New Member

And for the salami :D :D :D

KIAB likes this.
  12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Skewer holes will get compacted crud build up, almost impossible to clean properly.
    Would prefer holes at end of board for skewers,or clipped on side, but not on top.

13. facilities

facilities Guest

While we’re on about it, what’s with the fad over the last few years on serving yer grub on square plates ? Round ones have served us perfectly well for centuries, unbeknown to me about a year ago the dragon bought some square ones, I made her take them back and swap for round uns, I always complain if a restaurant gives me a square plate, which unfortunately most do nowadays.

So then just as we have a flat earth society, I’m thinking of starting a round plate society, anyone want to be the second member ? and help rid society of these pompous posy square things

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Square plates have advantages, no wasted space in cupboard,thet fit right into the corner.
    I can fit two in my microwave oven side by side, again no wasted space,wouldn't be possible with round plates.:D

15. facilities

facilities Guest

Trust you, have you ever tried chasing the last pea around a square plate, chasing the little blighter into every corner, much easier with a round plate,

Apart from that I don’t go into the cupboards my food is presented to me and when I’m finished my plate is taken away washed and stored by my dragon, proper men don’t go in kitchen cupboards :)

I’ll check the microwave thingy out, I’ll ask the dragon to check, I suspect your wrong on that

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  17. facilities

facilities Guest

Flat bed Microwave :)my dragon sez they’ll never catch on, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it,

Many years ago etchings were found in caves depicting the wheel which was probably up there with fire and stixall as being the greatest of inventions, and what shape was the wheel ? Anyway some knowall cave man came up with the idea of making the wheel square, this idea did have some merits, one being if you stopped your cart on an hill it would not roll back, are yer getting it yet ? Fortunately the square wheel idea from one of your ancestors Kiab never caught on, :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
    KIAB likes this.
  18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Your dragon would be conveted with microwave & big plus factor, you get loads of brownie points.:):cool:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    facilities likes this.
  19. facilities

facilities Guest