Boiler pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Lolik123, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Hello experts and forum users,I really need advise we are building an extension and we fit new Vailant boiler 938 but the pipe which produces carbon monoxide,is sticking outside to my neighbor garden.Its quite far away from her house about 15 metres but she complained that her trees will be destroyed.It’s not connection yet as he just fix the pipes and fitted the boiler but for some reason he decided to put a pipe in to my neighbor side not in my garden.
    Neighbor complained today and I am confused is it legal to put pipe through our house wall to the neighbors garden.(p.s both our houses detached)
    Thank you in advance.

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Just DIY here, but if your flue pipe extends into your neighbours property then I think they have a valid reason to complain.

How would you like their infrastructure extending into your property?

Lolik123 likes this.
  3. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Flue gases aren't going to be filled with carbon monoxide as that's a product of incomplete combustion (not what you want in a boiler) anyhow CO will soon change to CO2 in the air outside which is what trees need to photosynthesise anyway.

BUT... And it's a big but, flue shouldn't be in your neighbours garden regardless. I'm guessing if it was the other way round you would complain too. Perfectly valid to want it moved and really you should move it now before it's connected up to save further grievances.

Lolik123 likes this.
  4. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

There is a minimum 500mm required to neighbours boundary. This is increased to a minimum of 1500mm if the "plume" may cause a nuisance. if your terminal sits over the boundary, it is definitely not complaint.

Who fitted it?

Was he a Gas Safe registered engineer?

5. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

It was fit with gas safe engineer,our house has chimney and it’s kind of L shape so where is flue is sits it’s our boundary as it’s our wall,the flue is small flue and it’s sticking around 20 cm maximum,but I presume when boiler will be connected the gas will goe right in to her garden,which is ruin her trees maybe.
    She has plenty trees and her garden full of rubbish
    But her house is 15-20 metres away from this pipe anyway.
    Gas engineer said that he can extend the pipe and put direction on my garden,as if he will open hole
    on my wall which is direction to my garden is it door there and distance has to be 25 cm,from door to the flue pipe,which is impossible as it less.
    He said he can direct pipe vertical to the roof,but we already laid pitch tiles.
    So not sure what will happen but I will send photos tomorrow when I will be on site.
    Thank you so much for replying.

6. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

First of all, I have noticed a mistake on my reply. I meant to type 600mm, not 500mm

It does not matter what state her garden is in, or whether there are 1 or 600 trees. The regulations do not allow the overhang. The correct way will probably be the pitched roof. The RGI should know all of this. YES, please send pictures.

Meanwhile:
    http://support.ambirad.co.uk/article.aspx?id=10724

7. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Attached Files:

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Is it actually on the land as such. ??

9. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

The first photo is boiler inside the kitchen
    Second photo is my wall but flue pipe sticking out to the neighbors garden
    Third photo is my wall where is pipe can divert and can be installed to my garden but this wall is 80 cm from the door not sure what the distance from door to flue pipe can be?
    Thank you

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It's your side of the boundary fence?

11. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Attached Files:

12. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

The first photo shows my wall yellow colour and as you can see her house in red brick 25 metres away.
    The second photo is my wall where flue can be installed.

13. Why is the the wallplate on the outer skin rather than the inner skin,where it should be.

14. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

You mean plasterboard?

15. exbg

exbg Screwfix Select

Again, it matters not WHERE the house is. You CANNOT fit a boiler flue ona boundary wall. You CANNOT use a Plume Displacement Kit to get around this.
    A vertical flue is the answer. It is a simple job.
    Look at the diagram that I sent

16. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Ok thank you

17. I was not looking at the picture properly and the 4x2 looked on the outside skin,when enlarged I can now see it is on the inside skin,my mistake.

18. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

so can you explain where your neighbour's garden starts and yours stops next to the wall that the flue is fitted in.

do you own a strip of land between that wall and your fence with the neighbor or does the neighbours garden start exactly at the wall.

that's the critical question. Can you answer that or share a picture at all?

19. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

It’s neighbors garden but they already removed that flue.
    Thank you for all your replies

20. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

ok glad you've got a solution