Tap Tail Connectors too short

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by phill77, Jun 14, 2018.

1. phill77

phill77 New Member

Hi, I recently bought a new Tap from Screwfix. Upon installation I realised the Tap tails were too short to fit to the water supply. I used 2 of the old connectors from the old tap (which had long copper pipes first in the old tap) and the new tap seems ok.

Please can someone look at the uploaded pic to check if I've done something wrong or should do something different as don't want something disastrous like a leak to suddenly happen!

thanks

Phill

Attached Files:

2. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Could you not just turn that compression t piece around so the flexi connection side sits upwards?

understand its a bit more hassle but two flexis together is a bit chipshop.

3. phill77

phill77 New Member

Hi, yes I tried that but tap tail was still too short by about 3cm's, thanks for the reply though

4. phill77

phill77 New Member

Sorry, meant the other connector was still too short

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

It’s ok, it works and no leaks I guess so all good ! (It ain’t pretty though) :eek:

Any connection is a ‘possible’ source of future leaks (not saying it will leak though), and uv introduced additional connections

Would be nice to replace the short flexis with longer, better job. SF sell a selection of fairly standard lengths which normally do the job

Online (as ever) you will find a larger selection of flexi lengths to sort all situations

Always buy branded flexis, as with everything, cheap ain’t always best

6. phill77

phill77 New Member

Ok thanks for the info, may search for longer length flexi's, think Screwfix ones only go up to 300mm may have to look elsewhere

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

SF sell the ‘common’ lengths - even go up to 1mt, often used under baths to connect taps, shower rails, divertors, etc (are you sure they don’t stock 500mm) ?

Just if you need an inbetween size, and don’t want the faff of altering pipework, then online is a much bigger choice