Gas pipe isolation

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Lolik123, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Hello dear experts and forum users I just have question to ask,the plumber wants to run gas pipe inside my house.As if he runs them outside it will have to be 10 metre long pipe and he said pressure won’t be enough.
    He will be using copper pipe and will cover with some tape,as cement will ruin the pipe,so he need kind of protection.
    I checked online and some of the plumbers using sleeves like rubber sleeves,but my one wants to use a tape.Is it strong enough?As I worry that gas pipe will run under floor can leak later if isolation is not good enough?
    Please advise needed as I am over worried as he already done mistake when fit flue pipe in the boundary wall.
    Thank you

2. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Attached Files:

3. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

The purpose of the covering is not for strength, but to prevent the concrete corroding the copper.

Provided it is a tape like Denso tape it will be fine, but hessian tape, even with an inner lining of polythene, is not sufficient.

4. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Thank you for reply is it any Building reg how deep to burry copper pipe?
    Also he used some kind of wax tape,but I heard that even though it has to be more protection like some sleeves?
    Thank you

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Your plumber gas safe,as he doesn't seem to know much, as for pressure won’t be enough,that doesn't wash with me,you see 22mm copper pipe use for gas, running around outside of a property, my last place, it probably ran 10mtrs along wall, then 3mtrs up the wall,without pressure problems,but I don't do gas.

Why isn't plumber using Trac pipe,it's made for burying in concrete,etc?

Sounds like he a bit of a cowboy!:eek:

https://www.pipestock.com/gas/tracpipe

http://www.tracpipe.co.uk/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Lolik123 likes this.
  6. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

he is gas safe not sure what he is doing

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

8. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

9. Lolik123

Lolik123 New Member

Can someone help please Is it anything else he has to do to burying pipes?
    Extra sleeve any digging dimensions?
    Thanks