Given up trying to paint this week!

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by RolandK, Jul 6, 2018.

1. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

After struggling all week painting wood work all over the house and getting a **** finish I've decided to wash all the brushes and rollers for the last time until it gets cooler.
    Basically the water based eggshell paint is just skinning over within a few seconds of going on making it well nigh impossible to lay off properly. Tried using a wet brush, dampening the surface before painting and thinning the paint a bit. Main problem is doing raised panel doors where the cross rails meet the uprights, turns out a right mess!
    Just wondering what you pros do in these circumstances?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What brand eggshell?

3. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Watch football

RolandK likes this.
  4. Would rather watch paint dry.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  5. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

I was afraid you were going to ask me that! Dulux Quick Drying Eggshell,

Sparkielev and DIY womble like this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Should be fine, painted a kitchen and wc last week with the same, this week another kitchen in waterbased undercoat and gloss..............hate to say it..........no problems! :confused:.

7. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Just proves one thing. Each to his own trade. Used this paint before with no problem so stuck with it as I had a can. Must be me then.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Get out clause...................'I had a can'............gone off a tad I expect! ;)

9. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Unopened can 2.5l. Been in garage about 6 months so would that be ok still or knackered? Used it all and bought another can but much the same. Come to the conclusion then that I can't paint with this water based stuff unless it's winter. Next time I'll book a pro.

10. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Dulux Quick Drying Eggshell and satin is the worst paint ever created. I just can't see how anyone can paint with it. Brush goes to mush so I have to have several good to go. No flow. No leveling. Just terrible. You need to change paint brands and up the quality. Theres a better paint world waiting for you

KIAB likes this.
  11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I've been painting overnight last few days,started midnight, finished 2am.:)