So what would you do with this cooker surround?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Dam0n, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Hi all

Recently fitted a cooker into my fireplace and need some ideas on how to go about finishing around the hob section.

Back wall can be trued up and tiled no issue but the sides are naturally as wonkey as the rest of the house. I need something that's easily wipeable and fairly long lasting but still fits in with the cottage.

What are your thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Tiles,sides can still be tiled even following contour of the wall.:)

Stainless steel, not cottagey, but practical,thin sheet, easy to keep clean & long lasting.

Other option chop off plaster on sides to level up, then over board with Hardie board or similar & tile on that.

Would only need to go down to about 100mm below cooker sides.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Dam0n likes this.
  3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Glass splashback, need to be custom templated and manufactured

Available in 1,000 colours, just choose RAL number and that’s it

Can choose to either template and fit yourself or get a glass company in to do job

Glass panels foil backed to protect sprayed finish then simply bonded to wall with mirror adhesive

Dry fit first and true up to some degree with plastic packers (bonded to wall) if major p issed

Then big blobs of adhesive, pushed into final position, support with gaffa tape and a temp batten along base

Will look fantastic :)

Dam0n and KIAB like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Could even level up wall with cement fibre board,as I mentioned earlier, then fix glass splashback to that.

Dam0n likes this.
  5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

True dat is man :)

Just need to think how to finish front edges as will be gapy

S Steel trim of correct size will sort that, Loads profiles available

KIAB likes this.
  6. Dam0n

Dam0n Screwfix Select

Great thanks for the replies.

Never even thought about half of those ideas so ill do some research and go from there.

Cheers lads.

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I would go for a coloured glass splasback back and sides and then use a stainless steel L shaped trim up the front edges to hide the wobbly plaster on the front.

Dam0n likes this.