Integrated Fridge Freezer size?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by ben100, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ben100

ben100 Member

Need to buy an integrated fridge freezer not sure what size was there before, based on the outside top fridge door measurement of 120cm & the bottom freezer being 71.5cm is this a 60/40 or 70/30?

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

It depends if the F/F is actually siting on the bottom of the cab or if it has been raised up ?

3. ben100

ben100 Member

Sorry what do you mean, raised up how exactly & do you mean the bottom of the cabinet as being on the floor?

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

The answer to your question is 70/30 if your current F/F in sitting on the cabinet base. If it has been raised up from the cabinet base onto another shelf, it could be a 60/40 F/F.

5. ben100

ben100 Member

I don't have a current F/F & don't know what size was there before all I have are the doors sizes to try to work it out. There is no raise inside the actual unit if that's what you mean just a flat unit base.

6. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

Some F/F's have feet that can be up to 50mm, so you would need to subtract this from the height of the lower door.

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

In that case then you defo need a 70/30 F/F.

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

No integrated tall F/F has feet of any description. Free standing and integrated built under fridges and freezers certainly do, but not integrated tall F/F.

9. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I just fitted a tall integrated f/fz and it came with 50mm screw in legs. They were needed as the freezer was so small it would not line up with a standard 720mm high door.
    The appliance was pants!

10. ben100

ben100 Member

The distance between the unit inside 2 top door hinges is 98mm & the distance between the 2 bottom door hinges is 50.5mm if that helps at all? I assume these distances were for the integrated fridge freezer appliance doors that was there before.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  11. ben100

ben100 Member

Sorry not mm, cm

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Normaly fit
    That has got to be some cheap bit of **** then ? Never come accross a built in tall F/F that scew in legs .

13. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

The old MFI own brand rubbish had a very similar system. The legs would break off if you tried to slide the appliance about before fitting it inside the unit :)

14. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

The Beko BCFD150 absolutley does - they were a pain to fit and kept falling off as I was sliding the F/F into the housing.