R.I.P Mary Ellis

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Isitreally, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Sure, there are dozens but in all of the cases that I've read about the perps have been individuals. I've not read about any 'industrial scale of abuse' cases where 30-50 white British people have appeared in the dock on the same charge, perhaps you could highlight these cases for us?

2. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Wasn't there a big paedophile ring in Belgium? Maybe Lichtenstein?

(It'll come to me - one of the pointless countries anyway)

Are people protesting the Belgians too?

(...maybe I'm thinking of Austria?)

What about those internet sweeps when Interpol and the FBI arrest whole databases of people from web?

(...perhaps Monaco?)

Is Tommy Robinson protesting all internet users?

(...am I thinking of the Vatican?)

Most importantly though, shouldn't this be taken to a new thread? It seems disrespectful here.

Allsorts likes this.
  3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

GB used the term White British.

I agree 100%, I'm not sure what DAs motivation was in introducing TR onto the thread in the first place, I can only guess.

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/11/seven-members-paedophile-gang-jailed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-34350433

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-rapist-jailed-life-judge-12937870

One of these was just last week.

The point I am making is that if Tommy Robinson and his ilks primary intention was to prevent child abuse surely they would be campaigning as hard on these cases as they do over more "agenda friendly" cases.

Sadly though these cases have zero angle within them to attack Islam.

All perpetrators of child abuse should be brought to book.

But the definite angle from Robinson etc is that the root cause of child abuse in Islam and the unsaid message is that all Muslims are responsible in some way.

The Catholic Church has a longstanding hopefully historical problem with child abuse on an organised scale. Suggesting that all Catholics are responsible is ludicrous.

That is essentially the unspoken message of Robinson and his ilk.

No one is suggesting that Rotherham is anything but horrific. And for certain the fact that primarily the offenders were from within one community made detection and prevention difficult. But examples of many different communities, organisations, housing areas, workplaces etc with concealed and organised child abuse are widespread.

It is a way away from the "Muslim problem" that Robinson and his mega-patriots claim.

Isitreally, Allsorts and fillyboy like this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I am suprised [not suprised] by how many of the u/s agree with Tommy's opinions just not his methods.

7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Thank you, GB - succinct and comprehensive.

goldenboy likes this.
  8. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Please guess.

9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

So you're saying you think the grooming of underage girls is a good thing. Fair enough, takes all sorts.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I am not trying to make any political point about this.

Simply stating what the facts relating to organised child abuse.

Sadly there is a real culture among the supporters of Tommy Robinson to suggest that those who question their motives for only publicising child abuse cases involving Muslim offenders are in someway defending paedophiles.

Wheras the actual reality is that the exploiting of victims does no-one any good.

The same is said to those who question their wish to ally themselves to the military. Paul Golding is especially keen on this. If you oppose their view you are tarred as "disrepecting our heroes" Essentially it is stolen valour.

It all is reminscent of Lance Armstrong in his decade plus long campaign of denial of drug abuse. His default defensive position was to suggest that those questioning him were in some way opposing the fight on cancer. He chose to hide behind cancer to conceal his wrongdoing.

This is Armstrong attacking Paul Kimmage who always was happy to question him over drug suspicions.

Allsorts likes this.
  11. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Do you really, honestly, truly, sincerely think that's what Chippie is saying?

No, of course not. And nor does anyone else. So stop it unless you want to look like a twit.

12. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Anyway, Filly - wanna guess?

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

How do you extrapolate that from what he said.

He said nothing of the kind.

Simply said that many of you lot agree with Robinson's factually incorrect assertions that child abuse is a "muslim problem" but disagree with his public disorder methods (in public)

Notice that you havent commented on the numerous examples of organised and systemic child abuse that I highlighted for you.

I know it doesnt fit your agenda driven assessment of child abuse, perhaps thats is why you are silent on it.

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

This is exactly how Robinson goes wrong, yes he is right in that some Muslims/ Asians ( where they Muslim?? ) carried out these horrible crimes and others, but he has to go about reporting on it in a totally different way, if he's to report on it at all.

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

This is sensible thinking.

For me though there are quite literally millions of people better qualified to highlight and investigate child abuse.

He has no interest in tackling any form of crime that doesnt have an angle he can use to attack Islam.

He uses these horrific crimes to whip his supporters up to cause public disorder.

He is no Sword of Justice. More of a Jim'll Fixit Badge of Twisting Truth.

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Maybe you should read it again. Yes on this matter I do agree with some of TR's concerns, as do a number of senior police and politicians. Chippie clearly doesn't, fair enough.

I agree with your post #125, that's why I 'liked' it, and the cases you highlighted are horrific, but 3 cases in a 3 year period involving a total of 13 defendants is hardly on the same scale as Rotherham or Rochdale or Telford, is it?

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'm guessing you wanted to liven things up a little, mission accomplished eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.