New Gas Boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tommy1215, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

I’m looking at installing an Ideal boiler to replace an old Glow Worm heat only boiler. I have had several quotes, but I have been told that I need to have my controller upgraded, plus they want to rip the walls apart and make it a “smart system”. Then charge the Earth for it. When asked why all this is necessary I have been told it’s Regulations and spiel about something called Boiler plus which seems like a scam. I have decided to do the install myself the main gas run from the meter is 22mm which I will be keeping and replacing all boiler pipework from under the floor boards above the boiler except the gas pipe which will be staying. I will be keeping old control panel and also fitting a Walliams filter on the return pipe going to boiler, I have purchased a Kane gas analyser to commission boiler once fitted. I have Read about fitting a gas boiler and feel I’m confident in carrying out the work myself, I have come to these forums for a boiler recommendation and any tips that could help.Thanks

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

This could be interesting.

Bloomin Scarper likes this.
  3. just pumps

4. Squashrobinson

Squashrobinson Active Member

You're likely going to kill yourself, your family and your immediate neighbours.
    If I found out my neighbour had come up with this brain dead idea I'd go ballistic.

5. just pumps

Nah, he will pay somebody to sign it off won`t he!:eek:

6. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

7. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

The chances of somebody who fits them every week having something go wrong is just the same as me who is fitting one for the first time. I have the know how to fit one, so don’t even try and make out I’m somebody who doesn’t have a clue what I’m at. I have read up on the subject before going into it.

8. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

Not likely, as who is going to know? Anybody could have fitted said boiler, when it gets serviced next and they was to ask who installed it. I’d just just say I got a plumber to do it.

9. The Teach

Will the boiler guarantee and any warranty be honoured. for your boiler choice a warranty is a very good idea ;)

10. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

11. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

Not likely, as who is going to know? Anybody could have fitted said boiler, when it gets serviced next and they was to ask who installed it. I’d just just say I got a plumber to do it.

12. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

13. The Teach

That is just a snap shot of the naughty list ;)

14. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

15. just pumps

Good luck selling the house when the time comes, but no doubt you have the answer for that as well eh.

16. just pumps

With that attitude I advise you not to play high stakes card games :D

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

You're forgetting something though just pumps.

just pumps likes this.
  18. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

19. Tommy1215

Tommy1215 New Member

And why is that? Because it’s not going to have wifi connected controls, with attached gimmicks?

20. just pumps

Ah, so you haven`t read up as much as you thought.
    PS.
    Don`t bother with a reply because I`ve now blocked you from my feed and wont have to read your dross. :cool: