Garden gate and Fence

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Jitender, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Don't think will doing anything for him again in future. If he had someone else do it then he could of nicked more of the land, even though they don't actually own it as only council tenant, where I am leaseholder. I passed them the invoice which is £413 inc. which only left me with £125 labour. Gate alone cost £150 plus VAT as i have invoice.

They were chucking out a Dyson vacuum cleaner, and I said i could have a look at it, give me something to do. Said he would tip it and if I got it working I could keep it.

Managed to get the hoover working again, I said I don't need one as prefer cylinder, gave it back, and they never said thanks as saved them £50.

The guy is very self centered and has high ego, really don't like him now. Its not they don't have money as said he is earning £1000 a week.

What really annoyed me the most is our maisonette borders onto a field, he said he would offer to help cut the brambles but never offered any, yet they seem to suggest improvements. I said it would be easier if two people were doing the job rather than me alone, said he would help when he gets back, that never happened...

The next day he appears again saying 'are you having fun' to wind me up.I said no not really, I t would be more fun with two people. And his reply was 'you start these jobs, I'm not bothered about what the area looks like'. They see an improvement as their door is on the same side.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just waiting now for council to get back to me as I am trying to get some work done for my own flat, and need their approval for work. As will be looking to fence my side off. Don't really want to see him every time go into my garden.

3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I can't stand this man and I've never met him. It depends on how much of an easy life you want but there's no way on this planet I would let him off a single penny, and I'd let him know once I had payment never to approach you for anything ever again. People like this make me somewhat irate.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Trying to not get too worked up, though is hard to do.

The best improvement for the maisonette has been rearranging the access. Original set up was, I had to go through their garden to get to mine, The gap behind the first picture was all dug out so now I get to reach my garden without going through his.

Should have known better when he was insisting I pay half towards it, even though it dosnt have anything to do with me as it their own garden now.

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Can you go through his wife rather than him?

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I'm going to leave it for a bit, not going to get upset by this.

The invoice was posted in hand to wife.

7. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Good for you, I hope they do the right thing for you.

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They just had a new garden sofa delivered, suppose they got the funds by not having to pay me! :oops:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  9. enc

enc Active Member

give him another week... if no payment fourthcoming take it down

10. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Hey Jit, I first wanted to say fair play for the write up and pics, really good to see.

Secondly though, hope you got paid in the end? If not, it all comes out, job un-done.

11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Yep did get paid in the end :)

The rusty gas pipe dosnt look used as I found a newer pipe a foot away.

upload_2018-12-5_19-59-18.png

BikerChris, DIY womble and Allsorts like this.
  12. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Good result, Jit - and well deserved. :)

KIAB likes this.
  13. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Taken them 5 months or so, but as long as you're happy, alls well that ends well. X

14. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

6B472360-8270-49B9-BA63-DC3CC13C1E00.jpeg My advice is don’t do jobs for relatives or mates, I’m a bit like Jit (a perfectionist) made a friend of mine a custom built fence it always takes me longer than most as it’s gotta be perfect, to cut a long one short I finished this a month ago and still waiting for payment

Pollowick and DIY womble like this.
  15. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

What, you mean to say you have not paid him yet.

Allsorts and dinkydo like this.
  16. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Knowing that, makes me happy :)