18th Edition

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Bloomin Scarper, Jul 28, 2018.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Not at all. Perfectly safe. Whats the problem? Troll all you like. :)

2. Magicspark

Magicspark Active Member

Is it
    Basic insulation on show....do you do other dangerous things that are also against regs and deem them perfectly safe?

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Thing I don't really get, and maybe you can explain this, is that you come back on here on a regular basis, and bring this up pretty much every time, so what would actually make you stop doing it? Would you stop if say, unphased agreed that it's dangerous, or even if he said he went back and did it again? If he is incompetent and shouldn't be trading as a spark, as you seem to think, if he said he had, say a career change, and did something else, would you stop then?

I just genuinely don't get it, it's like a personal vendetta to do you. I mean, no one else here gives a toss about something that happened four or five years ago, it's just you. And seeing as nothing has happened in that time, I think it's fair to say it's hardly dangerous or even unsafe.

4. Mgreen201

Mgreen201 New Member

If u knlw any1 at college or uni they can get u the book out the library for it inspection . U also need to take it wen u do it exam. Done the online then sat the exam at local center. It's a piece of **** as long as you knlw how to use a index and reference section.

5. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Good job you don't need to spell in order to pass it.

Coloumb likes this.
  6. wet string

wet string Member

hi all, yes its a pain in the a..e having to keep up with the new regs, and yes it f...s me off having to buy another book or two and new certs. but if you are making a living by being in the system, as i am, you just have to jump through whatever hoops that are presented,
    theres a lot of difference between passing the exam and understanding the regs, so if you find it hard, take a course, i have taken several of the exam simulator tests and passed,albeit just, without doing any revision or having the book, i do not plan on taking a course, but will take the exam, i shall research the changes myself until i am confident i know wtf i am doing when it comes to january,
    in the mean time does anybody know where to sit the exam near stoke or reading,

7. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

You’d have to contact local Colleges.
    Of course, taking a course won’t help you understand the changes any more than you would by just reading the book.
    These courses are designed to help you pass the exam, nothing more.

8. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Back on track, I've been watching the JW videos and he really does do a good job in his lessons, don't know what his practical skills are like but surely its an easier life as a college lecturer.

Anyway I've learned that 99% of the many hundreds of value for money changes in the latest edition of the regs are things like a full stop has been omitted this time round or the index number has changed but the reg is exactly the same. At least we can sleep easy knowing our £80 has prevented a few house fires and deaths, those full stops are a nasty business at the end of the day.

9. Magicspark

Magicspark Active Member

Sorry did I quote you? If I did I didn’t mean to. If I didn’t quote you and you decided to reply to a post that wasn’t even anything to do with you then I’m not sure why....Are you the forum busybody?

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Yes your right. Its no longer a.c. it is AC. Its no longer d.c. its DC. Phew that's a close one.

11. AC or DC current? :rolleyes:

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Yes its AC current and DC current. Not Highway to Hell.