Squint window

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Kimmy66, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Kimmy66

Kimmy66 New Member

Hi, I've recently had double glazing put in. It's supposed to be triple glazed, but tried to pull a fly one.
    I've had loads of problems, the main one now is squint window. It opens and shuts ok, but it looks squint. Guy is saying it's fine, I don't agree. I'll try add a pic so maybe someone can help. I also want to ask, do i need special hinges/handles for triple glazed windows (for when they replace french doors/windows)
    Cheers

Can't upload a pic as saying too large a file? 5MB?

2. Kimmy66

Kimmy66 New Member

Hopefully the pics are added

Attached Files:

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

s that a tilt and turn window ? sometimes the do drop a little away from the hinge

The bottom left hand edge does look out. Have you put a spirit level on the frame and window to see if and where it is out ?

4. Kimmy66

Kimmy66 New Member

Yes, it's not right off but bubble isn't in the centre. Guy is saying it's a manufacturers problem & not the guy who installed it.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

At the end of the day it is down to the people whom sold it you. They have responsibility for the manufacturer and fitter

6. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Kimmy66
    You say you have had loads of problems...
    Make a list of all the items your not happy with & give the list to the manager of the D-G co.
    You also say its supposed to be Triple glazing, is it? If not add to your list.
    Get it sorted before the paint dries...

7. Kimmy66

Kimmy66 New Member

Thanks for the reply, can u tell me what's D-G co? Thanks

8. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Quote ''I've recently had double glazing put in. It's supposed to be triple glazed,"

D-G co
    Double Glazing Company.

9. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Doesn't look properly shut to me. And if it needs packing up a tad to square it, that is not a manufacturer problem, it is a fitters problem.

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The top right is out as well. I have the same problem with some of mine which are "tilt & turn" when you open them the window drops at the bottom edge away from the hinge. When you close the window it, returns back to square.

It is quite a small unit and I doubt the frame and window were manufactured out of square but I have seen large ones distort if they have been roughly handled. Whether it is the fitter or the manufacturer it is still down to the sales company to resolve.

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I bumped into a man in town the other day who had squinty eyes. He shouted at me "You should look where you're going." Quick as a flash I replied " You should go where you're looking." :p:p:p

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select