Crown Pavillion gazebo dismantle and rebuild

Discussion in 'Job Talk' started by Mikecox, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mikecox

Mikecox New Member

Hi all
    I have bought a Crown Pacillion Tudor gazebo second hand - just wondering if anyone has experience dismantling these and rebuilding?
    I’ll try to add some photos but as I’ve bought it on eBay I haven’t been able to visit and take any photos from inside. If not here’s the link -
    https://www.crownpavilions.com/garden-gazebos/tudor/

It would need transporting from one side of london to the other - please contact me if interested.

Thanks
    Mike

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

If interested in what exactly ?

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

4. Mikecox

Mikecox New Member

There was a lack of clarity. I was contemplating dismantling it myself and looking for advice and also posting elsewhere for any interested tradesman in a job.

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Those cedar shingles will be a real pain to remove, each one is likely to have two ring shanked stainless nails fitted and you may well have a problem with damage.

If that happens I use a good suppliers of them in West London.

6. Mikecox

Mikecox New Member

Thank you for the advice Pollowick.

7. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I know, too well, about shingles. My workshop/garden-room/sauna, is 6m x 5m with a roof sloping in each side at around 30-35 degrees, and that is finished in cedar shingles. A long, long job.

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Moving that in one piece is going to be a real challenge and dismantling could be fairly brutal on it. A lot depends on the fixngs and their quality. If they have used hex topped bolts or screws it could be easier but if they have used screws and nails, its going to be a lot less fun. You may be able to ease some of it apart a little and cut the fixings with a sabre saw.

good luck with it