Just for your amusement - my tiler's professional finish

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Bargain Bucket, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Bargain Bucket

Bargain Bucket Active Member

My "tiler" blames this on walls not being perfectly square.

Attached Files:

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

No, you've made a mistake, you called him a tiler, I'd call him many things, a tiler isn't one of them, that is diabolical.

KIAB likes this.
  3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Did his guide dog have the day off perhaps ?

Or did his dog do the tiling ?

Any money changed hands so far ?

How many days did the job take and at which stage did you notice it was all going rather t its up ?

Any discussion between the two of you yet ?

So so so many questions :)

KIAB likes this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Nice!

DIY womble likes this.
  5. Bargain Bucket

I guess he attended the Ray Charles schhol of master tilers. We came home from 3 days away to find this quality job that he'd done while we were away. No money has (or will) changed hands but it'll cost me a packet to tear it all down, make good, and replace the tiles. He honestly thinks nobody could have done any better with slightly wavy plastered walls. Sigh.

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I've encountered some seriously wonky walls and you true them up as much as poss before starting, either by reboarding, rapid set Addy, or going up a few notch sizes.

He has no excuses.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

upload_2018-9-5_18-17-0.jpeg

CGN likes this.
  8. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Your kidding.
    I only hope you did not pay him.

And he paid you for practicing on your walls.

9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

10. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

20180905_195359.jpg
    I'm a mechanic and by no means a tiler and I managed the above!!
    That bloke wants shaming

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Very nice. :)

I too am not a tiler by any means, this is my 1st attempt finish a month or so back.

20180712_192548.jpg

20180628_171257.jpg

Not perfect by any means, but infinity better than the OPs i hope. :)

12. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

Makes you sick when you pay a 'tradesman' good money to do a **** job. I payed a **** builder good money to take a wall out and leave a bloody good mess.

13. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Happens to us all when we're ratarsed.

14. Bargain Bucket

I'm now in the process of removing the awful tiling. They all appear to be dot and dabbed on (grrrr) which leaves me wondering if it's OK just to simply patch the plaster where the dots/dabs have pulled it off when I removed the tiles, or if I need to hack all the plaster off and start afresh.

15. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Blimey he was a true professional. :p:p:p:p

16. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

pic #3 is definetely my favourite!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  17. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Aww, at least he tried

18. Russel

Russel New Member

That's not even bad tiling, that is complete lack of attention to anything.

19. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The problem is a lot of people think they can give up what ever they are doing and get a job in construction / home repair.

This is a section from a website that offers 4 day training courses to become a "qualified" Tiler

"Our fast track tiling courses are designed specifically so you can go straight out and work as a self employed tiler once you have completed our course in the domestic market with our course tiling certificates.

If you require an official NVQ L2 Tiling qualification after completing any of our courses to go onto a building site and commercial work, all you need to do is contact a local NVQ assessor in your area once you have completed the course, pay their fees who will then visit you on site and guide you through the NVQ assessment, this will then will allow you to trade and work on all building sites."

Well isn't that easy.

Maybe they should do medical courses so they can reduce the NHS waiting lists ......:rolleyes:

20. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is truly truly shocking OP. Obviously you havn't paid the idiot that did that, i do hope you insist he pays for replacing all the tiles and trims.