Concrete patio cost roughly ?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Ben48, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

160 m2 by 100 mm thick come out at 16 m3 around £100 a cubic metre £1,600 but really is something you don't want to do

Ben48 likes this.
  2. Ben48

Ben48 Member

I was gonna say my math's must be way off I have had drive way quotes of concrete roughly 6 metres by 5 for just over 1K (parts and labor)

I could probably put roughly 5-6 of them in my entire back garden giving me roughly 6-7K which includes the whole lot of building/labor.

I think ill get some quotes in since its tricky to get building material cost and labor right.

wiggy likes this.
  3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

You are probably looking at £5k but why do you want to cover it ?

Ben48 likes this.
  4. Ben48

Ben48 Member

What do you feel is the best solution for a back garden ? Just trying to come up with ideas.
    (to answer your question; old patio is crumbled/broken/cracked and no good, basically
    my garden is worn out)

To give an idea of what I hoped for is similar to these:

Something like this:
    https://goo.gl/images/XUCZGw

or

https://goo.gl/images/GGBiuW

patio either concrete or slabs at front, middle grass, back either concrete or slabs and on top a shed for storage.

5. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Have you considered something like this.

Attached Files:

6. Ben48

Ben48 Member

Really too fancy for myself, my budgets roughly 6K which is why I was looking to keep it as simple and cheap as possible ie concrete or patio slab the whole lot or leave a patch in the middle for soil/grass, I could put artificial grass down the road.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

If you have a large area that you don't want to maintain. I would go with a combination of some decking, slate chippings for a border and artificial grass in the centre.

Need to get someone to come in and level everything with a machine and then put down some geotextile, stone base and then cover with artificial grass. slate on the borders will make a good contrast with the grass and deter cats. Easily changed if you get bored or sell up

8. Ben48

Ben48 Member

Thanks for all the replies, yes some good ideas not sure about the decking although it does look nice a few neighbors said they hated it and it didn't work well for them they stuck with concrete/slab patios in end.

I could probably do the slate chippings borders even the artificial grass myself, but I like the idea of putting cats out the garden too.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why not just sell your house and buy a bedsit and a shed load of pot noodles?

masterdiy, rogerk101 and DIY womble like this.
  10. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

But he hasn't got a shed.
    Just a big back garden.

11. Ben48

Ben48 Member

The plan is to later on add garden table, chairs and strip club at the end of the garden for myself.

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Hope it is not you that is stripping ;)

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If he sold his house he could afford a shed.

masterdiy likes this.